586,075 active members*
4,252 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
    Hello

I hope somebody can help me out: we have to adjust several slating milled grooves on the front side of a ring (outer Ø 780 inner -Ø 680mm and 30mm thick) but these milled groves are not evenly spaced out.

I (working in the work preparation, but only program EPL and Turn-Plus) said that the TNC155 controller is able to do that – one can do a coordinate transformation over the rotation. The milled grooves should e.g. be written in a subprogram and then recalled several times. It’s important that the grooves don’t turn – the position to the midpoint of the ring should always stay the same.

So my plea: please can anybody tell me if that works and how I can help the user to process it- so that he only has to enter the contour.

Many thanks in advance

Luis
    das Ende deiner Phantasie ist das Ende deiner Welt

Hello luis
    Can you post a sketch to make it a bit clearer?
    As long as the rotations are situated in the working plane it’s possible. So multi-axis machining where the working plane is swivelled like cycle 19/plane function is not available on the TNC155.
    Otherwise you can program a rotation over the centre of the ring (your zero point) with cycle 10
    TOOL CALL 1 Z S3000 F1800
    M13
    CYCL DEF 10.0 TURNING
    CYCL DEF 10.1 ROT+10.000
    LBL CALL 1
    CYCL DEF 10.0 TURNING
    CYCL DEF 10.1 ROT+45.000
    LBL CALL 1
    CYCL DEF 10.0 TURNING
    CYCL DEF 10.1 ROT+75.000
    L Z+100 FMAX M9 M5
    M30
    LBL 1
    M3 M8
    ; program here the contour
    LBL 0
    <b>Gruß / Regards</b><br /><i><b>CNCFanatiker</b></i><br />AdminCrew<br /><br />Wenn wir immer das tun was wir können, dann bleiben wir immer das was wir sind.<br />If we always this act what we are able to do, then we always remain what we are.

Hello
    Thank you a lot for your help. I explained it to the operator as you said. First he did not want to try it but then he did and it worked superb!

Regards Luis
    das Ende deiner Phantasie ist das Ende deiner Welt