586,082 active members*
3,758 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Red face ez track V6. pocket routine

hi this is my first stab at this so i'm making an excuse for my stupidedness. i need some one to tell me the format placement for the pocket cycle in the program.

Define format placement.
    Pocket cycle in DO EVENT:
    But first decide if you want to do an inside frame mill, an outside frame mill or a pocket.
    Then you need to decide if you will define it from the edge or the center.
    Assume from the center, what is the absolute coordinates of the center of the pocket relative to the part program zero.
    The length and width (and depth if a 3 axis) in incremental.
    The approach move (an arc in and arc out).
    Finish allowance (spring cut).
    Feedrates.

This is in the book.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

This is a contoured shape program done in the MDI menus. Im trying to use the pocket menu :drowning: and don't know were to insert it. Its not in my book.

The instruction manual for the Eztrak ver 6 was attached to a prior post somwheres on this site. Don't know where it would be by now.

You can order the OEM manual on CDROM from MachineManuals.com

For that matter, I don't seem to recall the manual showing how to insert canned codes into the Extrak. For that , you'll probably have to get the DX32 programming manual and hand code the function via G code.

The DX32 programming manual is also available from MachineManual.com. ALthough the DX32 manual is not specifically listed as being Eztrak viable, we've used the DX32 code for our custom stuff on our 'Trak and it works just fine - they are using the same basic machine control code system.

Be real careful with simultaneous Z moves - like DON'T.

The 'Trak controller is NOT as capable of the comparable one used in the VMC that does do simultaneous Z moves. IF you have the cantilever arm drive model that drives Z off the spindle nose, it isn't that rigid and doesn't take kindly to aggressive Z material hogging.

You may have to create a pocket using to go to (rapid) and line moves (you can also use blend line if radii are involved). An option is to use cutter comp. When turned on a lot of your options disappear as to indicate what you can use. Don't forget to turn it off and remember you have comp repeat so you can use 2 diameters and create a finish cut.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Thanks for the help. I've ordered a manual and will see if it can help.