586,096 active members*
3,625 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Mazak, Mitsubishi, Mazatrol > For Gurus: mounting a rotary table on Meldas M320

Question For Gurus: mounting a rotary table on Meldas M320

Hello from Italy,
    I've got a old VMC (Hartford-She Hong VMC980) from a dismissed company.
    At the same time, I've buyed a Kitagawa rotary index table.
    The VMC control is a Meldas M320 (1993). Now I want to mount the rotary table on the machining center, but I've not any electric/electronic scheme for the CNC and the table originally was mounted on another machine with Fanuc control.
    The local Mitsubishi office says that they do not help me, because the CNC on the machine was imported in Italy by a non-official channel.
    The only way they suggest is to retrofit the VMC with a new CNC (up to 25000 Euro!!! more expansive), but the machine run OK and the total time counter on control is set to only 8730 power up hours (it was used only for prototyping and fixture making and the company's shop remain stopped for 3 years before to close).

In another words, I need to know the exact point to wire the table to the CNC and the parameters to set for use the M codes that's drive the table's CNC.
    Anyone can help me ?

Regards
    Meccbell

Meccbell,

Try the following Mitsi. download link... You might be able to find what you are looking for there... http://www.meau.com/

The table you purchased?.. Is it a full fourth axis or is it a simple indexer?

Depending on your application, you might be able to wire the unit in by using:

1. spare "m" code interface
    2. RS-232 interface using "Get-Write-Put" control statements

Good Luck,

JR Walcott
    Georgia Machine Tool Resources
    127 Huff Drive
    Lawrenceville, GA 30044
    770-682-5875 Phone
    770-609-7788 Fax
    678-983-3789 Cell
    [email protected]
    www.gamtr.com (under construction)