586,117 active members*
3,595 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Lightbulb Broken Tap in 2nd of 8 hole Bolt pattern

Siemens 840 Di
    I want to single block to position and activate the G84 Cycle but start on the 3rd hole, there is a broken tap in the 2nd hole, do I have to make a temp edit or is it possible to somehow search to the 3rd hole and continue

Thanks Forum

Quote Originally Posted by Kennebec View Post
    Siemens 840 Di
    I want to single block to position and activate the G84 Cycle but start on the 3rd hole, there is a broken tap in the 2nd hole, do I have to make a temp edit or is it possible to somehow search to the 3rd hole and continue

Thanks Forum
    There is a way, you don't say what kind of machine but I have done this with a FADAL 4525 with a Siemens 840d control, hopefully this will work with your machine too.

I'm doing this from memory, so be aware and pay careful attention to your own machine.

In the Edit mode: cursor down thru the program to the third hole xy location. Now at or near the bottom RH side of the screen it will say, "Machine From Here", hit that button, along the upper RH side of the screen 3 start from options will appear. I'm not sure which to choose, maybe, "From End Point". Hit "Cycle Start" button 2X.

Slow the rapid rate to minimum and watch carefully, the machine should change tools, pick up all previous M code and G code commands and move to the proper position for the third hole to start execution there, if not try another of the 3 options for start location...

I hope that this works for you.

Charlie

Thanks for the response

Our control must be a bit different than your but I now know what I am looking for and will talk with our Tech people..

In Auto, Select the positioning cycle, press Block Search, pick what opp you want to do, pick start hole, press input.

Simple as that on my 810D Shopmill 6.4