Hi guys,
I am working with a DMG GMX250S with Heidenhain controller CNCPilot 4290 for 2.5 years now.
Now we are going to make a new acquisition: probably a CTXgamma 1250 TC with a lower revolver.
As this machine configuration is now possible with Siemens Shopturn 3G, I tried to test the suitability of the workshop programs. wink.gif

(the Heidenhain is pretty good at turning, as usually you just work on only 1 contour where really everything is recorded.
From the normal contour over undercut to the raw part update it’s all continuous when turning- when milling not sooo great.

Oh well I just miss my Millplus Milling controller from time to time thumbs-up.gif

Have read a lot of documents and other stuff and found an answer to most of my questions.
But one question could not be answered:

When finishing we often program it so that firstly we finish the different flat surfaces of one stepwave from X+ to X-.
Afterwards the diameter from Z+ to Z- ( we do it like this due to the kind of material that we use) It’s no problem with the Heidenhain as you can finish each contour part (straight, circle etc.) separately or in a row. It’s always the same starting point.
When wiring onto a contour with Shopmill, you can only choose between drawing and lateral movement and that for the whole contour.
It that the contour that was programmed beforehand?

Is there a possibility that some parts of the contour are like this and the other differently. Or do I have to have a separate contour each for that?

Many thanks in advance

Roman