586,096 active members*
3,619 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAD Software > Uncategorised CAD Discussion > mould and die production - is that possible?
    Hello
    I want to construct a work piece. Afterwards I don’t want to construct the mould construction again. Is there a possibility in Solid edge or Solid works to create that easier with one option? How is it usually done?

Regards

Spindler

Hello Spindler

Just to clarify...

Do you mean the old and often discussed topic about 3D construction- which includes directly corresponding tolerance mean values & offsets or are you talking about 2D constructions’?
    <b>Gruß / Regards</b><br /><i><b>CNCFanatiker</b></i><br />AdminCrew<br /><br />Wenn wir immer das tun was wir können, dann bleiben wir immer das was wir sind.<br />If we always this act what we are able to do, then we always remain what we are.

Hello
    I mean a 3D constructed part ( volume body) from which you can create the counter piece (injection die) without much effort.

Does that work?

Regards

Hello

Of course that’s possible with SolidEdge

You take your 3D construct as the base part for your construction, define the disconnection and then you can deduct your charges, feeders and so on from the body. (Boolean Function)

Best wishes Jens