586,069 active members*
3,389 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hitachi Seiki with Yasnac LX-3 Error

I am trying to automate my Hitachi Seiki that has an LX-3 controller. I have added Macros to the controller in order to be able to automatically probe the tools. What I am getting is

Alarm 46: Macro Error (Tool Nose Radius Compensation) :: The variable impossible of advanced reading in nose-R offset is used by user macro program.

What I think it means is that the controller cannot read ahead, when it is in a macro because, there are no variables to read ahead of where it is.

So does anyone know of what G or M code shuts off the "read ahead" option? My manual says M92- 1 block buffering, but that does not work..

Thanks,
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by dannyboysd89
    I am trying to automate my Hitachi Seiki that has an LX-3 controller. I have added Macros to the controller in order to be able to automatically probe the tools. What I am getting is

Alarm 46: Macro Error (Tool Nose Radius Compensation) :: The variable impossible of advanced reading in nose-R offset is used by user macro program.

What I think it means is that the controller cannot read ahead, when it is in a macro because, there are no variables to read ahead of where it is.

So does anyone know of what G or M code shuts off the "read ahead" option? My manual says M92- 1 block buffering, but that does not work..

Thanks,
    Dan

Yasnac Controls are very similar to Fanuc Controls. In your Tool Geometry settings there is a colomn at the end Labeled "T". This "T" designation prepesents a Tool Tip Position (1-8). I'll give you the list of tool tips, because Tool Nose Radius Compensation will not take place unless you specify a tool tip radius and tip position. You will just get an alarm.

Here is a diagram for Tool Tip Positions. Later when I find it I'll post an Offset Settings Geometry Page for you to see.

BTW; An enlarging box will appear in the bottom right corner. Click on that and the picture will get bigger so you can see it better.

The text file is a simple overview of a basic Offset Setting Page in the Control
    #1 = Tool 1
    X= the distance from Home (G28 U0) to the center line of the part
    Z= the distance from Home (G28 W0) to the zero (finish face) of the part
    U= the Offset amount in the X axis or tool wear comp
    W= the Offset amount in the Z axis or tool wear comp
    R = the Radius of the Tool Tip
    T= the Tool Tip Position

Without the R and T an alarm will occur when G41/G42 are Called, Hence they probibly need setting.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails TNR 1.bmp  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

My Hitachi lathe has automatic offset and tool tip compensation, of course it has practically every circuit on the machine routed thru the E Stop circuit with not even a mention of remedies in the manuals.

Worse is the C Axis Communication Abnormal Alarm. The other four axis's have axis communication abnormal references in the latter logic. Going to the shop later when it cools down and give it another shot!

One thing about it,, I'll be well versed in the control system soon! Would be nice to see something move,, just a little!!

And I thought learning M & G codes would be the problem!!!

Kind Regards

Probe

Tobyaxis, thank you, and I understand what you have talked about, but the probe is a New Automatic Renishaw Probe (HPMA), that is in place of the old manual pullout probe that was on the machine. I have contacted Renishaw and have their help, but have not been able to reach Yaskawa on the control.

So I guess what I need is the G-Code or M-Code or a way to get the control to NOT read ahead so much as the macro program uses values from the first probe touch to get to the second probe touch. The way things are going is that I get the alarm that I described in my first message.

Thanks in advance,
    Dan

Tobyaxis, thank you, and I understand what you have talked about, but the probe is a New Automatic Renishaw Probe (HPMA), that is in place of the old manual pullout probe that was on the machine. I have contacted Renishaw and have their help, but have not been able to reach Yaskawa on the control.

So I guess what I need is the G-Code or M-Code or a way to get the control to NOT read ahead so much as the macro program uses values from the first probe touch to get to the second probe touch. The way things are going is that I get the alarm that I described in my first message.

Thanks in advance,
    Dan
    :idea: I just remembered this. You say you have a macro program written for the Touch Probe. Some Older Yasnac Controls Delete the Variable List when Powered Down. Chech to make sure your Varibles are still there and that the memory batteries are good. I had this problem once because someone failed to tell me the Memory Bateries in the Control needed replacing. Good thing I write everything on my lap top, or I would have had to refigure all the varibles for a macro I didn't write.
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Also, in your machine manual there should be a list of unassigned G and M code with instructions for connections of auxilary equipment. You may need a CNC Tech to do this for you.
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

Cnc

We have everything working, and have the macro in the control. So we run the tool to probe and it starts to run the macro. Near the beginning it Alarms out with Alarm 49. Now we tried to put a M92 in there to have the control read only 1 line at a time, but this did not do it. S is there another M or G Code that may do the same thing?.

Dan

We have everything working, and have the macro in the control. So we run the tool to probe and it starts to run the macro. Near the beginning it Alarms out with Alarm 49. Now we tried to put a M92 in there to have the control read only 1 line at a time, but this did not do it. S is there another M or G Code that may do the same thing?.

Dan

You may have to call the Machine Tool Manufacturer. I can't see an "S" designation for a tool probe. Did you call Renshaw about this? They should have some kind of retrofit list for Compatable Machines at Least. If you do try the "S" make sure you don't have oversized chuck jaws on the spindle and be ready to hit the E-Stop.

Also, are you sure that you don't have to jog the tool to the probe and touch it in the X and Z. I know your machine isn't a Mazak but I have never see a tool via program touch it's self off except a Mill.
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com