586,265 active members*
3,452 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Fine boring

Hello together,
    has someone experience with Romicron fine boring tools sold by Kennametal? We use Wohlhaupter heads in house and are very satesfied with them. Now one of my colleagues would like to try the Romicron because of the easier adjustment?

Greetings
    maierjo

Hello,

I don't know anything about Romicron fine boring tools, but i use the Wohlhaupter Tools too. In my opinion they're one of the best solutions to work with. The next would be the tools from Kaiser, they're in the same range as Wohlhaupter. If you're satisfied with Wohlhaupter why trying another system?

And Kennametal is not so expiered with such tools. It's better to stay by Wohlhaupter i think.

Never change a running system

regards

Björn
    <span style='color:blue'><span style='font-family:Courier'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Entt

Hi Bjorn,

The reason for the Romicron is the easy adjustment. The heads have a hand adjustment that clicks on every 0.01mm adjustment. Seams like a nice feature. But I compared some pricing. I can buy 2 Multibore heads for the price of 1 Romicron head. So I think I will stay with Wohlhaupter. My machine operators are used to them anyway.

maierjo

Quote Originally Posted by maierjo,May 15, 2007 01:08 pm
    The reason for the Romicron is the easy adjustment. The heads have a hand adjustment that clicks on every 0.01mm adjustment. Seams like a nice feature.
    Hello folks,

as yet I don't have known the Romicron fine boring tools.
    But the Wohlhaupter and also the Kaiser, I work with, have also this nice feature. - An scale with positioning in 0.01mm step's.

But it seems there are some bigger differences beetween prices? :0

I've also some question for these Romicron tools.
    - How the assortment of cutting inserts looks like? Is it also so big as known from Kaiser or Wohlhaupter? Did they have cermets, CBN, ... and so on in this many variations and sizes? :???: (on Romicron hompage I haven't found something about it)

with best regards,

CNCFanatiker
    <b>Gruß / Regards</b><br /><i><b>CNCFanatiker</b></i><br />AdminCrew<br /><br />Wenn wir immer das tun was wir können, dann bleiben wir immer das was wir sind.<br />If we always this act what we are able to do, then we always remain what we are.