586,110 active members*
3,212 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Tools / Tooling Technology > CNC Tooling > Thread cutter Tr30x6 brass 70mm deep
    Hello everybody

We’re looking for an insert cutter for female threads on the right and on the left. Material is brass. The problem is that the thread has to be 70mm deep. A lot of sellers from well-known tool manufacturers had visited us, but we still didn’t manage to find a thread milling cutter that could mill so deeply.
    P.S. 5-axial milling machine with Shopmill.

Hello

I know tr30x6 from my period of training. We used to turn those threads with self-cut steels. Therefore, we used a cranked square steel bar with a square hole that was cross to the axis with HSS-square. It also should work today for milling in a modified form. I don’t know any manufacturers of such tools.

Regards, farmer
    <b><!--fonto:Arial--><span style="font-family:Arial"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:6--><span style="font-size:24pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#0000FF--><span style="color:#0000FF"><!--/coloro--><i>Gruß farmer</i><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--></b><br /><br /><br /><br /><i><!--sizeo:4--><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--fonto:Arial--><span style="font-family:Arial"><!--/fonto--><!--coloro:#0000FF--><span style="color:#0000FF"><!--/coloro--><!--sizeo:4--><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Hilfsbereitschaft, Gemeinsinn, Miteinander und Füreinander<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></i>