586,485 active members*
2,997 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
    Hello.
    I have a component with two radii. One inside R20 and one outside R18.
    The component is clamped vertically at an angle. (Boring mill)
    I want to mill these two radii with a D40 ball milling cutter. In the inner radius I wanted to drive the cutter into the corner and then go on to run down.
    I have to multipass mill R18, don’t I? Should I mill it in small Y steps in XZ, or rather in small XZ steps in Y?

Is such a WSP ball milling cutter actually a Z1 or Z2? At the top there is only one WSP that mills but on the side there are 2 blades.
    What cutting data can I use with such a thing?
    I wanted to take 200m/min Vc. But what Fz?
    Have not done something like this, and am therefore grateful for any help.
    Frohe Grüsse Stefan<br /><br /><div align='center'><!--fonto:Comic Sans MS--><span style='font-family: "Comic Sans MS"'><!--/fonto--><!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro--><!--sizeo:6--><span style="font-size:24pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Ein Tag ohne lächeln ist ein verlorener Tag<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--></div>

I must bring the subject back again.....
    It should now be a torus milling machine – not a ball milling cutter.

80mm diameter with no. 16 circular plates.
    I still don’t know how I should face mill.
    contour parallel in X/Z or angular (?) In Y, Z?
    When finishing I left a 1mm oversize. What feed Fz make I take? I thought of Fz 0.5?
    Line Skip will be 0.6 mm. (Par. 6.3)
    Frohe Grüsse Stefan<br /><br /><div align='center'><!--fonto:Comic Sans MS--><span style='font-family: "Comic Sans MS"'><!--/fonto--><!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro--><!--sizeo:6--><span style="font-size:24pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Ein Tag ohne lächeln ist ein verlorener Tag<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--></div>

Hello
    I would choose the longer path in x and the feed in y and z.
    With a Rz of 6,3, I think that an Fz of 0,5 is very questionable. The step 0,6 is also the upper limit.
    Just try it out. Nothing will break- it may only look sh....
    &quot;Lache nie über die Dummheit der anderen. Sie ist Deine Chance.&quot;<br /><!--sizeo:1--><span style="font-size:8pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Winston Churchill<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->