586,106 active members*
3,064 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: tapping

Hello

I want to apply a thread m6 in the middle on my CNC turning machine.
    Can I just clamp the thread drill in my normal drill chuck? Or do I need a special chuck for it?

Kind regards

hapo Guest
    That depends on the machine and the controller.
    When you have a well synchronised machine, then many controllers can dispense with an compensation chuck.
    But be aware! Even the best controller gets inaccurate when the speed increases with the spindle-axis-sycronisation.
    So if your not sure if your machine can do it- its better to use a compensation chuck.

I would say try it out and you will see.
    Do it like that: simply use a normal collet chuck, program an offset of +50 and start your thread cycle. Keep the turning speed low let’s say S50.
    Then you can see with the help of your display how well the jaw chuck is synchronised with the feed.

when indicated you might need a compensation chuck
    <b><!--sizeo:5--><span style="font-size:18pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Gruß General<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></b><br /><br /><br /><br /><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><b>Fräser sind Halbgötter in Blau.<br />Denn sie lassen durch Zerstörung Neues entstehen&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;</b><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><br /><br /><br /><!--sizeo:2--><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><u>Werbung in eigener Sache:</u><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><br /><i><!--sizeo:2--><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Enter the Matrix an feel the Moment &quot;<u>www.pixxelmatrix.de</u>&quot;<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></i>