586,075 active members*
4,070 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question CO2 Laser Cut new machine

I am planing to buy a new Laser cut machine next week from China
    I was Planning to buy the 120W or 150W
    then I was told that the more power it has to Cut, the quality of engraving small letters will be bad.
    I may need to engrave very small letters on glass bottles or leather or acrylic
    Also I may need to cut acrylic and plastic up to 1cm (if possible) and some wood
    What is the best power to buy? I am planning to buy a rotary extension for it so I can engrave on bottles.

is buying a 120w and an other 40w or 60w a good Idea? but the problem would be with the budget.

if I'm reading you would be able to do that with a 60watt unit. I can cut 12 mm acrylic with mine

Thank you this is very helpful, what is the brand of your machine? I guess this may affect quality...
    But I guess anw I can drop down to 80W with my choice of a Chinese machine

CO2 laser cut new machine

60W is better for engraving, but you also want to cut 10mm acrylic. It had better to buy 80W laser machine. Although 60W can cut 12mm acylic, the cutting speed is very slow.

CO2 laser cut new machine

Quote Originally Posted by Geo Group View Post
    then I was told that the more power it has to Cut, the quality of engraving small letters will be bad.
    Also I may need to cut acrylic and plastic up to 1cm (if possible) and some wood
    What is the best power to buy? I am planning to buy a rotary extension for it so I can engrave on bottles.

is buying a 120w and an other 40w or 60w a good Idea? but the problem would be with the budget.
    Buying a new laser cut machine from China is not a good idea. When the machine appear the problem, no one help you to repair it.
    one of my friends bought machine from China. When his machine can not work, he tried to contact the supplier. However, the supplier did not rely to him. Although some factories gurantee one year waranty, how to give you the service if the supplier in China?

I suggest that you buy the laser machine from local distributor.

If you are in Canada, you can contact us. lyxlaserAtgmail.com

Looked at china machines & I feel they are crap !!!

Anythink glass laser = rubbish.

I have a 25w gcc mercury machine. Tube had been in the machine since 1999 & only now I need a regas on the tube... Not to bad either £1600 to sort.

My tube is a synrad 48-2.. Rf tubes are more stable than glass tubes and have a getter pulse rate.

Look at GCC laser pro machines. Don't waste the 5grand from china and pay extra for quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for your Reply,
    If maintenance is needed I am thinking to buy a brand that has a dealer in my country.
    I know the difference in quality between Chinese Machines and others... But I am in need of the machine and totally out of budget, while China machine is 5 grand, the cheapest of other machines that I can get in my country is 25 grands concerning the specs I am looking for.

Hi ,
    RECI 80W/100W will be good for you . Power over 100W is not suitable for engraving small letters . And all tube power below 100W needed do letter 2mm engrave test .
    I have been tested laser machines for more than 3 years . We had overseas after sale service department for customers who had problems and I am in charge of some works .
    Now there is a laser promotion in factory for more space . The price will be lower a little bit than normal and same high quality as before . If you are interested ,pls feel free to contact me .

[email protected]

Ms.Mary Lee

Quote Originally Posted by EXLASer View Post
    Hi ,
    RECI 80W/100W will be good for you . Power over 100W is not suitable for engraving small letters . And all tube power below 100W needed do letter 2mm engrave test .
    I have been tested laser machines for more than 3 years . We had overseas after sale service department for customers who had problems and I am in charge of some works .
    Now there is a laser promotion in factory for more space . The price will be lower a little bit than normal and same high quality as before . If you are interested ,pls feel free to contact me .

[email protected]

Ms.Mary Lee
    I tried to send you a PM I don't know if you got it, what is the thickness of plastic I can cut with 100W?
    Is auto focus very important?
    I have read somewhere that I can engrave with it on some coated metals and marble, is this true?

wklaserliu Guest
    HI Geo

dear we have some materials test by our engineer and 80w could cut 5mm acrylic at 17mm/s & 20mm acrylic at speed 3mm/s
    MDF 3mm at speed 25mm/s

,dear i htink your acrylic is soft than acryic so, dear i htink 80w is ok for you, big power maybe will cause burn ,

dear 60w &80w could engrave with it on some coated metals and marble and better effect, our customer had buy our LG500 and LG900N for coated metals engraving anc effect very beautiful.
    belwo is a sample, this is coated metal:

Attachment 223944

dear if you do both engraving and cutting with one machine then 80w i recommend to you

for more news please give me private news then will give you our test table of all materials and more news

Attachment 223946
    Quiven Liu from g.weike laser

[email protected]
    Laser engraving machine|Laser cutting machine|CNC router-G.Weike Laser

why not choose dual head laser? one for 60w,the other for RECI Z4
    tina from g.weike laser
    EMAIL: [email protected] SKYPE: lysunshine521

Quote Originally Posted by Geo Group View Post

maybe if you in indonesia i'll recomended "GCC Laserpro or Golden Sign"

you can email : [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by lasertube View Post
    Buying a new laser cut machine from China is not a good idea. When the machine appear the problem, no one help you to repair it.
    one of my friends bought machine from China. When his machine can not work, he tried to contact the supplier. However, the supplier did not rely to him. Although some factories gurantee one year waranty, how to give you the service if the supplier in China?

I suggest that you buy the laser machine from local distributor.

If you are in Canada, you can contact us. lyxlaserAtgmail.com
    When the machine appear the problem, no one help you to repair it.

are you sure ?? i have 3 laser made in china (Golden Sign) for 4 years and until now i dont have problem because they still support if the machine can not work or else..