587,030 active members*
3,786 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: LNS Barfeed

LNS Barfeed

Hey Everyone,

I recently purchased a Romi-G20 lathe with a LNS barfeeder. The lathe, I got covered, but I have never messed with a barfeed. I currently am trying to get this thing set-up, and to be honest, I haven't the first clue as to what is required. Thought maybe you guys could give me some input.

Couple Questions:

1.) Does the barfeed move the material in exact increments or does it need to bottom on a fixed object to stop it's motion. In other words, can you program the barfeed say to extend .500 or do you need to bring the turret down so that the stock touches it thus disabelling extending any further.

2.) The spindle has liners to install in the headstock to reduce the spindle dia.. What is the most you can get away as far as clearance goes. Can you run say 1" dia's in a 2" liner, or is that too much? Same goes for the pusher.

3.) What is the best way to program said barfeed? Via MACRO or within a g code program itself.

I probably have left off a ton of stuff, but any information you guys could give me would be greatly appreciated.

Make it a Great Day!

Dale

1. the barfeed just pushes to a stop. Put you turret where the stock can bump against it before activating the bar feed.
    2. Don't have an exact rule on how much oversize for you, but a 1" shaft in a 2" liner is too much clearance. Try it, you'll KNOW if there's too much clearance.
    3. set up an M code to activate barfeed cycle. Put M code right in your G code program.

Ive got a LNs BArfeed, (quick load). I program the lenght to feed, I can choose to use a stop if necassary. Keep the clearence between hedstock and bar as small as possible, but big enough so it can handle bars that arent perfectly straigt.(1" in 2" will make the machine vibrate so hard that you almost must tie it down.)

Thanks alot guys

I kind of figured about the clearance..I was guessing no more than a .250 larger would be a good rule of thumb.

The one that I have is the ECO Load.

I am still reading the manual (which is terrible btw) and it tells nothing of operation and guidelines. M-MAN can you give me an example program to say - open, advance .500, and close? There is nothing in the manual (that I have) to give program samples.

Thanks alot guys and keep the advice comming. I'll take all ya got.

Dale

THis works for me on the LNS quick load servo II, but
    I think that eco is only pneumatic so it will work in
    a different way I think.

Parameters that I set at the BArfeeder control are:

Bar dia
    End of bar - (the position were the pusher rod are located just behind the jaws)
    Top cut position - ( this sets the position of the face for a new BAr, Z 0+ face off).
    Partlenght ( partlenght + cuttingtool with + some lenght to face off).
    retract lenght of pusher

%
    O8500(BARFEED)
    M19 - Spindel orentation,
    M31 - Chuck bypass, allows to operate machine with cuck open.
    M69 - open chuck
    /2 M98P8501 - if end of bar signal comes from barfeed jump to O8501
    G04X3.0 - wait for bar feed
    M31
    M68 - close chuck
    M5 - turning mode
    M99 - jump back to main prog
    %

%
    O8501(BARCHANGE)
    M19
    M31
    M69
    M10 - part catcher advance
    M51
    M31
    M68
    M11 - part catcher retract.
    M05
    M99

It is the chuck open confirm signal that makes the barfeed to start feeding.