586,103 active members*
3,651 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Fit 50h

Hello
    I have another problem. I am supposed to mill a fit 50fh, I have already produced the parts for it (around 3 months ago). The plate is 40mm thick and made out of normal construction steel

I first pre-drilled with 32 and then milled with a 32 measuring head that is also able to process helix to 50,02 – that all worked really well.

So then I wanted to produce the parts again today: tool into the magazine, new plates on top again and then after measuring if all dimensions are correct I started the process....
    First part: drilling too small, changed dimension -> second drill hole too small so I changed everything again until the drill hole was too big in the end. Changed it again and it was too small....

Now my question: Would you process in the same way like I do it? Or would you pre-dill, then helix until 50mm and finish afterwards? How much grinding allowance do you leave?

Hope you are able to help me out because the job needs to be done fairly quickly- like all jobs really and I can’t effort ruining all the parts.

Many thanks in advance
    Regards Stroker

I would only pre-mill and then unscrew. Alternatively with an extra finishing cutter.

Grinding allowance depends on the tool: I would choose between 0,1-0,4 mm.
    <b><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->&#33;&#33; Mein alter Nickname: canon &#33;&#33;<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></b><br /><br />Beginnt man das System zu hinterfragen, so erkennt man deutlich, dass die „Wahrheit“ zumeist entgegengesetzt des scheinbaren zu finden ist.<br /><ul><li>Wenn wir uns heute keine Zeit für unsere Gesundheit nehmen, werden wir uns später viel Zeit für unsere Krankheiten nehmen müssen.</li><li>Wenn es klemmt - wende Gewalt an. Wenn es kaputt geht, hätte es sowieso erneuert werden müssen.</li></ul>

Pre-dill Dur 32
    Pre-mill Dur 49,5

If available spindle tool 50,02 in and out -> finish
    (Advantage: always 100% round drill holes and very stable)

If not: finishing cutter 20 or bigger if available mill out drill hole 50,02 helix and leave at least 1 space in the depth or better two rounds..
    Don’t forget to engrave beforehand..

And fire!
    <b><!--sizeo:5--><span style="font-size:18pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Gruß General<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></b><br /><br /><br /><br /><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><b>Fräser sind Halbgötter in Blau.<br />Denn sie lassen durch Zerstörung Neues entstehen&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;</b><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><br /><br /><br /><!--sizeo:2--><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><u>Werbung in eigener Sache:</u><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><br /><i><!--sizeo:2--><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Enter the Matrix an feel the Moment &quot;<u>www.pixxelmatrix.de</u>&quot;<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></i>

Hello and greetings
    The best alternative would be to unscrew with a spindle tool right at the end. This is stable and secure.

Other question: Are you able to use it? Do you have such a tool available?
    Otherwise you would simply have to finish again. I leave 0,5 grinding allowance and then it should work.

Good luck
    Wolke1

First of all thank you for your answers

What do you mean by at least a space in the depth better two rounds? My workmate ordered a 16 finishing cutter- I hope it will work with it.
    And about the spindle tool: I have often tried to talk about it but they don’t listen to me, they say its too expensive..
    Thank you