586,082 active members*
3,918 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Manufacturing Processes > Turning > grinding a cylindrical surface on a CNC turning machine
    Hello

I want to grind simple waves with an offset of 1.4305 outside and on the face side with my index with powered tools.

Has anybody got experience with that?

Running time and productivity don’t matter too much at this stage as the parts will be prototypes.

Do I need a special tool for that or can I use simple ones?
    What grinding wheel could I use?

Its more about the surface (Ra 0,4) than the measuring accuracy .
    Would appreciate any advices and hints

Hello

What about the grinding sludge/dust? Will it not create problems in the machine regarding cover of the movable part revolver?

Doesn’t is go into every single gab??
    Grüsse aus dem Sauerland<br />St.Schütt

Hello

My advice would be to try out something from the drilling machine. There are steel wire attachments or rounds of sand paper with dowel pins for the drilling chuck.
    You can clamp them easily in AGWS ... it only depends what grinding result you want to achieve... there are many different subtleties .

I would recommend for Ra 0,4 a sand paper head... however i don’tknow if that one is available in a normal DIY superstores as I got mine always over my ex-AG.

About the grinding dusk please send me a PM as its too much to write it in here.
    Or open a new topic...

Regards

Stefan
    <b><u><!--fonto:Comic Sans MS--><span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS"><!--/fonto--><!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro--><!--sizeo:4--><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Ich weis nicht alles, ich lerne viel, <br />aber leider wird einem selbst das <br />lernen heute erschwert<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--></u></b>

Can you not minimise the problem with a sufficient use of KSS?

It depend what material are being grinded!
    <b><u><!--fonto:Comic Sans MS--><span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS"><!--/fonto--><!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro--><!--sizeo:4--><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Ich weis nicht alles, ich lerne viel, <br />aber leider wird einem selbst das <br />lernen heute erschwert<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--></u></b>