586,112 active members*
3,269 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Sodick AQ325 Touch Screen

My touch screen is flickering and going dark but can barly see the screen if you get in just the right position. Last PM I had done by a Sodick Tech I asked him about it, he wiggle some wires and said it was just fine. Fine didn,t last very long. Another Tech was in the area, he stopped by and ofcourse it worked just fine while he was there. He told me it was the contrast control pot mounted on a board in back of the screen. He explained how it could be one of two boards and sent me a price for them. I have been unpluging a connector on one of the boards to reset the screen but thats not working much any more and have to reset too often.
    I really don't use the touch screen and touch to move around, I have allways used the mouse. Can I use an IBM compatable flat screen?
    Has any one else had the same problem?
    Any solutions ?

Thank You Kevin

what boards did he tell you may be the issue? It sounds like the inverter board is going bad. I dont have any technical specs on the board but if you open up the panel look for a rectangular board that will be aprox 1-2 inches wide and 6-8 inches tall. It will have two wires on the top and two on the bottom plus and input wire in the middle? One of the wires on the top should be pink and the other should be white. The same should be on the bottom (two bulb lcd) If you hand trace the wires they should go back to the LCD. Get any info you can off of that board and see if sodick has it in stock or see if you can cross it over to a similar sized monitor. I think that the monitor is a 12.1 Toshiba inch LCD. In the long run it would be cheaper to replace or rebuild the inverter compared to trying to replace it with another monitor. Also see if you have a board called LCI-01. If you do look for a trim pot called VR1 (next the connector called CN INV). Turn it clock wise and see if the screen gets any brighter

I talked to my favorite support guy and then the parts folks about getting the boards here to try, then return the board I don't need along with my old bad board. There is also going to be a Tech in the area so he will pay me a courtesy call.

I like support folks that help when you need them.

Thank You Kevin