586,115 active members*
3,471 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Community Club House > Looking for "THE PINK PANTHER" Font - Anyone know where/what it is?

Looking for "THE PINK PANTHER" Font - Anyone know where/what it is?

My daughter adores the Pink Panther and I've been looking for the font(s) used in The Pink Panther movies, merchandising, and cartoons. See sample here: http://www.mgm.com/pinkpantherthemovie/

I've been searching off and on for over two weeks and still no luck. I've found all kinds of other "cartoonish" fonts such as Flintstones, Scooby Doo, Ren & Stimpy, and South Park on the ultra-cool DaFont.com suggested by TausCNC way back when (see TausCNC's keychain here).

I could vectorize the font bitmap in the movie poster and clean it up but I'd rather go the easier route and obtain the TTF. With the TTF I'd also get the bonus of having all of the letters and numbers in UC and LC.

Does anyone know the name of this font and where it may be found???

Think Pink!,

HayTay
    HayTay

Don't be the one that stands in the way of your success!

Hi,
    I cant tell you directly where to find the font, but looking around Google for it I came across the site below. I think it may have been you who posted the question since it linked to the same site!

Anyway, you may not have noticed but there is a reply from the webmaster and I think if you answer the reply you might get some help.....it is from 2003 though soooo....you have been looking for this a while!

http://www.abstractfonts.com/forum/thread/30789

Quote Originally Posted by diarmaid
    Hi,
    I cant tell you directly where to find the font, but looking around Google for it I came across the site below. I think it may have been you who posted the question since it linked to the same site!
    Thanks for looking diarmaid. It wasn't me that posted on abstractfonts.com, although I did come across the same post you noted. I've been on over 30 different font sites to no avail. I started out looking at only the "free" ones but after a few weeks without any luck I moved on the the pay sites. It seems that it can't be found anywhere. Lots of truly fantastic fonts to choose from but not the one I want.

I did email a bunch of the font sites but, so far, have not heard any replies. The closest fonts I've found to "The Pink Panther" are "BudBird" and "Bud Easy".

Oh well, I guess it's time to fire up my old version of CorelDraw.

HayTay
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pink Panther -TM Banner 2.PNG  
    HayTay

Cool Peter Sellers Right?

Your best bet would be to PM Lakeside for this, as I am sure he has it or something very close to what you want. :cheers:
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Hay tay here a dxf I took of web and vectorized

Here's my effort with the vectorization of the "PINK PANTHER" raster letters into PINK PANTHER, THINK PINK, and THE PINK PANTHER. Some other letters to play with would be nice.

Let's see how many words we can make from "PINK PANTHER":
    Heart, hear, rink, pant, pi, nip, kin, kink, ant, rant, pint, tip, pit, it, at, an, are, pear, reap, rape, tape, neat, tea, ate, eat, teat, tat, hat, pat, rat, tan, ran, pan, tinker, tank, tanker, pin, pain, pair, tear, ear, rear, near, pare, parent, rent, tent, peak, teak, reek, pa, ankh, keep, peek, keeper, reaper, rapier, repent, there, their, rite, tire, pirate, nape, air, tar, hair, pie, treat, retreat, trip, path, harp, tarp, pipe, pip, paper, ...

Sorry, it's way past my bedtime,

HayTay
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pink Panther and Think Pink New_3a.png  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    HayTay

Quote Originally Posted by HayTay
    Here's my effort with the vectorization of the "PINK PANTHER" raster letters into PINK PANTHER, THINK PINK, and THE PINK PANTHER. Some other letters to play with would be nice.

Let's see how many words we can make from "PINK PANTHER":
    Heart, hear, rink, pant, pi, nip, kin, kink, ant, rant, pint, tip, pit, it, at, an, are, pear, reap, rape, tape, neat, tea, ate, eat, teat, tat, hat, pat, rat, tan, ran, pan, tinker, tank, tanker, pin, pain, pair, tear, ear, rear, near, pare, parent, rent, tent, peak, teak, reek, pa, ank, keep, peek, keeper, reaper, rapier, repent, there, their, rite, tire, pirate, nape, air, tar, hair, pie, treat, retreat, trip, path, harp, tarp, pipe, pip, paper, ...

Sorry, it's way past my bedtime,

HayTay

I like the old Blake Edwards "The Pink Panther" with Peter Sellers. HayTay are you feeling alright? LOL, Looks like this Thread is taking control of your mind.

Quick Fix!! Take two of these , you'll feel a lot better.

Those are a lot of words made from "The Pink Panther" Title :cheers:

BTW: I have the collection. If you want I can take bitmap snapshots so they may be vectorized. I wonder if that will work? LakeSide, how good do you think these would come out?
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Quote Originally Posted by tobyaxis
    I like the old Blake Edwards "The Pink Panther" with Peter Sellers.

BTW: I have the collection. If you want I can take bitmap snapshots so they may be vectorized. I wonder if that will work? LakeSide, how good do you think these would come out?
    It is late and my mind has gone to sleep but my eyes are still open.

Snapshots would work ok. The higher the resolution and the picture size the better, as long as they aren't blurry. When I use a scanner I usually set it to 200% (highest my trusty HP ScanJet 5p software will go) of the original size. It's easier, for me anyway, to vectorize the larger images. Can't have too much of an angle to the photos either.

Thanks,

HayTay
    HayTay

Quote Originally Posted by HayTay
    It is late and my mind has gone to sleep but my eyes are still open.

Snapshots would work ok. The higher the resolution and the picture size the better, as long as they aren't blurry. When I use a scanner I usually set it to 200% (highest my trusty HP ScanJet 5p software will go) of the original size. It's easier, for me anyway, to vectorize the larger images. Can't have too much of an angle to the photos either.
    Thanks,
    HayTay
    I first will bring photo into corel to inhance and sharpin and may even outline or trace before going into bobart

Sharpness

Bad news. (chair) I tried this first thing this morning and the DVD player isn't reading. It keeps saying "No Disk in Drive" Later I'll dig out the backup and see if it will work with that one. As far a Sharpness, theywill be very sharp, almost real. PowerDVD will save as a 24-bit BitMap (3.5 Mb). The screen on this desk top is a 19" flat panel at 1280 x 1024 pixels, what ever that means.

Sorry HayTay, this DVD Player isn't working. "Good Grief", if it isn't one thing with computers, its another!
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

I'm a cheater. I loaded up the flash movie in Action Script Viewer and the font they use is Latino-Rumba.

You can check it out at http://www.houseind.com/index.php?pa...e=lettersetter and set the kit to Latino! and the font to Rumba. They want $85 for it ... ouch.

I did see mention in a forum another font that is pretty close it's called Budbird http://www.musicaecomputer.com/fonts...al/english.htm appears to be free. Didn't download it so not sure of the quality.

As far as the previous mentioned method of taking a bitmap copy and converting it to vector that can be done fairly decently just using the flash movie on the site.

Assuming you are using Windows and Internet Explorer.

First crank up your video settings to max resolution and color depth (rightclick the desktop, left click properties, settings tab.)

Open up I.E. and head to http://www.mgm.com/pinkpantherthemovie/base.swf (this gets just the movie in your browser) Then hit F11 to put I.E. in full screen mode. Hit print screen to capture the current screen. F11 to get out of full screen mode. Open up your favorite image editor, create a new document the same size as your resolution and paste it in (ctrl+v or edit menu - paste). Now go to your normal working resolution and continue as previously planned.

Quote Originally Posted by injury
    I'm a cheater. I loaded up the flash movie in Action Script Viewer and the font they use is Latino-Rumba.

You can check it out at http://www.houseind.com/index.php?pa...e=lettersetter and set the kit to Latino! and the font to Rumba. They want $85 for it ... ouch.

I did see mention in a forum another font that is pretty close it's called Budbird http://www.musicaecomputer.com/font...mal/english.htm appears to be free. Didn't download it so not sure of the quality.
    Thanks, Injury!

Great bit of detective work on the "Pink Panther" font. I had already found the BudBird font. You're right, it is close. You've nailed it with the Latino! Rumba font, though. I'm going to have to think about shelling out $85. Sheesh, I can buy whole CD font libraries with 1000's of fonts for less. Oh well, in the mean time I'll have my work cut out for me the rest of the week vectorizing all of the new letters. I'll post my handiwork when I'm done.

Thanks again for the font name, the HouseInd.com site, and the SWF decompiler(s) I didn't know existed. Pretty COOL!
    HayTay

Try Amphion and it's variants :shrug:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails font.GIF  
    Keith