586,108 active members*
3,196 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Need Mits DWC-90-H Electrical schematics

Our local comm. college had a 1987 dwc-90-h mitsubishi edm donated to them and when we power up, the power on lights up and the fans kick on but we have no crt and no schematics were sent with machine. please help this would be a great asset to program that is already underfunded.

Fortunately for you this was a Mitsubishi built machine, so you should be able to get manuals and technical assistance from Mitsubishi Ill.
    They are usually very good at helping with these problems.
    The manuals don't show up on the MEAU site, but I believe they should be able to supply them.
    Worth a phone call anyway.
    That's a fairly sophisticated machine, BTW.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Yes it is, I work as a maintenance electrician at the factory that donated it and we never expected it to be 8 months later trying to install it at the college. The problem right now is that I have no CRT and I am at the conclusion that it has lost memory. Found out last week that the machine had been disconnected for some time and Mits. recommends that it never be more than 40 hours. Wish me luck.

Did it come with any software?

as the machine only has volatile memory there won't be any internal backup and the battery backup will most certainly be dead.

If they are like the CX machines you'll need 3 software discs a language disc an epack disk and a pitch error disk (if no pitch error is available, the machine is effectively useless)

Additionally on the CX there is a switch next to the floppy drive that says "System Start" and "System Load" If when in the load position the monitor does not come on it could be another problem elsewhere

HTH