586,076 active members*
4,023 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Okuma RS-232

Okuma RS-232

Hello,
    I recently purchased a used Okuma LB15 cnc lathe. Does anyone know the RS-232 parameters for this machine? Even a close guess will get me started.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!

Okuma New Machines

Hi
    Do anyone know about ADMAC ON NEW OKUMA MACHINES.
    PLEASE REPLY
    THANKS

OkUMA RS-232

You can e-mail directly: [email protected], and I can send you the parameter settings I use. I assume you have an OSP5000/5020L control?

Do you mean the IGF programming or the stand alone ADMAC PC software?

The ADMAC software contains the IGF component (boy id love to have that, can I borrow $10,000?).

RS-232 Info

Cheers,
    Attached Files Attached Files
    JR Walcott
    Georgia Machine Tool Resources, LLC

I have a copy of a manual written by Okuma that contains comprehensive information on RS232 communications for Okuma machines if you are interested? It is at work and I can scan it for you. Drop me a line if interested.
    Regards
    Brian.

Hey broby,
    Could you post the error codes and what they mean?

The manual I was refering to is too large to attach in the forum... (only 1.7Mb)
    Send me a pm with your email address and I will send you a copy direct.
    If you have a specific error code, could you post it here?
    I may or may not be able to assist.
    Cheers
    Brian.

Wink OSP5020L manuals for RS-232 transmision

Quote Originally Posted by broby View Post
    I have a copy of a manual written by Okuma that contains comprehensive information on RS232 communications for Okuma machines if you are interested? It is at work and I can scan it for you. Drop me a line if interested.
    Regards
    Brian.
    I Broby. I would like you quote me a copy of hte OSP5020L or similar RS-232 Pc to control transmission programs.. thanks a lot for your response!!!

The manual I was refering to is too large to attach in the forum... (only 1.7Mb)
    Send me a pm with your email address and I will send you a copy direct.
    If you have a specific error code, could you post it here?
    I may or may not be able to assist.
    Cheers
    Brian.
    I Broby. I would like you quote me a copy of hte OSP5020L or similar RS-232 Pc to control transmission programs.. thanks a lot for your response!!!

As stated before... SEND me your email address so that I can email the file!

Previous Thread

Check out this thread *Communications RS-232*
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72766

my email : [email protected]

Wink Need osp5000m manual.

Regards
    Brian.
    Hi!
    I have interested osp5000m manuals.
    Would you mind send 1copy for me?
    e-mail : [email protected]

Regards
    Hwangbogeun

I have interested osp5000m manuals
    Me too. I need OSP-5000M operator manual and OSP-5000M programming manual. <[email protected]>

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Algirdas View Post
    I have interested osp5000m manuals
    Me too. I need OSP-5000M operator manual and OSP-5000M programming manual. <[email protected]>
    Say Al,

Big question for you.
    you seem to put your hand up saying you work for Okuma, or a rep for that company,
    good for you if you do,
    But with an addy <[email protected]>
    tells me you are not what you make out to be, I checked Okuma addresses in Europe and your's do not appear to be genuine.

I believe you are a fraud, an inexperienced backyarder
    How and Why would an Okuma guy want to get manuals off the "Zone"
    anyone associated with Okuma would have these at their disposal, they would also be well versed in diagnosing problems and explaining solutions in a clear concise manner that is understood by those asking the questions---you don't !!!

You also created a thread to try to rectify a problem that occured after a machine re-location ( an important piece of info ) and it took nearly a month to fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman View Post
    Say Al,

Big question for you.
    you seem to put your hand up saying you work for Okuma, or a rep for that company,
    good for you if you do,
    But with an addy <[email protected]>
    tells me you are not what you make out to be, I checked Okuma addresses in Europe and your's do not appear to be genuine.

How and Why would an Okuma guy want to get manuals off the "Zone"
    anyone associated with Okuma would have these at their disposal, they would also be well versed in diagnosing problems and explaining solutions in a clear concise manner that is understood by those asking the questions---you don't !!!

You also created a thread to try to rectify a problem that occured after a machine re-location ( an important piece of info ) and it took nearly a month to fix.
    Say Al... Looks like you have been caught out!
    Looks like Superman beat me to the punch on this one...
    I think that this forum is a fabulous source of information for all and to misrepresent your affiliation with Okuma is so wrong!
    Enough said...

Quote Originally Posted by Hwangbogeun View Post
    Hi!
    I have interested osp5000m manuals.
    Would you mind send 1copy for me?
    e-mail : [email protected]

Regards
    Hwangbogeun
    Have emailed you a copy of the RS232 manual... not OSP5000M manuals, do not have a soft copy of them only paper copies.
    Regards
    Brian.

PS I have been having a few problems with work email lately, if you do not get the email soon, please let me know here.

to Mr. Superman

saying you work for Okuma
    can You quote, where I said, that I work for Okuma? There is a bit a true, however, because I'm closely related to Okuma and I promote Okuma allways. I never said, that Mori Seiki is worse then Okuma.
    ou are not what you make out to be
    wow, You're shaman. You can tell about person just from e-mail address ...
    I checked Okuma addresses in Europe and
    and what?
    do not appear to be genuine
    so You didn't checked my e-mail address, I guess. Please, ask some school girl and she will answer to You if my address is genuine or not. You know - the truth comes out of the lips of a kid :-) I watched em-m-m-m ... three movies with Superman and there is absolutelly nothing related to machining.
    so You are not a christian. Not a muslim. Not jewish ... What a waste.
    anyone associated with Okuma would have these at their disposal
    first of all, there are different issues of these manuals. Some are very valuable, some are just garbage for me. Next: Okuma support of old control is discontinued. Japanese are very though - if they said, they do. Third, there is possibility, that a kind of manuals are available on other languages than English at Okuma. Fourth, I want to have digital proper format file. It hapens, that officialy Okuma supplies *.pdf without text - so I don't have search possibility then. Fifth ...
    they would also be well versed in diagnosing problems and explaining solutions in a clear concise manner that is understood by those asking the questions---you don't !!!
    oh really? Sorry for that. I can explain every of my answer in details. Just ask.
    and it took nearly a month to fix
    I can do even worse. We have one big double collumn MCV-B here and with discontinued support from Japan we do repair three years already. This machine is working, fortunatelly. We have abandoned Okuma machines here, which are waiting for repair for 12 years. Okuma official policy is clear - profit calculation.
    Speaking about this case specifically, it took several weeks because I visited the client occasionally. They asked for help from their mother company in Sweden, then I asked through my channels also and it takes time to decide, that you are on your own with that problem. It' quite a distance to go there - 620km one way, €130 only fuel cost. If I will not fix the problem, I don't ask client to pay.

Re: Okuma RS-232

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo47 View Post
    Hi Brian, Jim in Australia would be interested in a PDF of that Manual if you are still around to [email protected],au
    Please - Cheers Jim
    Sorry, now retired and no longer have the manuals available.
    Cheers
    Brian.