586,531 active members*
2,855 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > OneCNC > few mill express questions

few mill express questions

#1When i go in to NC manager and do a toolpath to mill a pocket. I end up with small parts of the item that are not getting machined. I can see it even in the simulation. I tried diffrent sized end mills in the program, but still get some areas that are not getting milled.

#2. When I try to do a cut chain or profile chain Im having problems getting the tool path on the out side of the part. The toolpath usally goes to the inner side of the dimension of what I want to cut. I do keep the cursor on the outer side of the area i want profiled.

any ideas?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by turboboy
    #1When i go in to NC manager and do a toolpath to mill a pocket. I end up with small parts of the item that are not getting machined. I can see it even in the simulation. I tried diffrent sized end mills in the program, but still get some areas that are not getting milled.
    What stepover are you using?? try a 50 %.

#2. When I try to do a cut chain or profile chain Im having problems getting the tool path on the out side of the part. The toolpath usally goes to the inner side of the dimension of what I want to cut. I do keep the cursor on the outer side of the area i want profiled.

any ideas?

thanks
    First "Cut Chain" is just that..it drives the tool down the center line...so no inside or outside..

The profile thing..hard to say without a file to look at..There are a tons of tips on the User forum..you say you keep the cursor outside..do you also keep the arrow outside when you set the direction?? As that is really what drives the direction..Plus without a file or more info..no idea what you are using for a comp style..you can post a file here or over there..
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)