586,089 active members*
3,820 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > Can anyone lend some quick tips on lead screws and anti back lash nuts.
Page 2 of 2 12

Re: Can anyone lend some quick tips on lead screws and anti back lash nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by bhurts View Post
    If you have a link to the tolerance info you are stating I would like to see it. I have not done extensive research but from what I have looked into I can find no stated tolerances of .01mm. As far as I can see .004 inches tolerance and .012 inches is the minimum build height. Also a link to there read head would be nice.

Ben
    Look at Slic3r...
    You can see it there.
    Also a good idea would be to invest in building one, or even procuring a 3D printer, this way you can see first hand and gain valuable experience.

Also .004mm is finer than .01mm, and .012mm is larger than .01mm. So not sure what you're getting at here.

I have chosen to assume there is a language barrier and we do not understand each other well enough to converse intelligently.

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by bhurts View Post
    I have chosen to assume there is a language barrier and we do not understand each other well enough to converse intelligently.

Ben
    I don't think we need to "understand each other", I think you need to get a grip on the universal language... Math. It appears to me you know how to read and write English to some extent so why you Assume there is a Language barrier is beyond me, besides if you come to a conclusion or observation on your own, why would you assume the conclusion or observation?

Anyway this is off topic, you can check out the construction of the Z-Axis used on the RepRap to achieve limited backlash if you want, I was just trying to help by providing the suggestion.

Page 2 of 2 12