586,655 active members*
4,302 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Band Saw

Band Saw

HELP

I have a gravity feed 1/2" blade saw that will not cut straight. I've tried the obvious.

What am I missing? No matter what the blade craws - Even out of a pilot slot.

Suggestions and advice please...

Barry I had the same problem, I thought I had made all the adjustments but I found two more adjustments that got mine pretty squared up. Start by finding the adjustment for tightning and get that blade fairly tight, then where those two sets of guide rollers are for the blade there is usually a couple of screws there, I took my machinist square placed it on the table right next to where the blade falls to cut and just kept adjusting those roller screws until wala!!! squareness!!
    Good luck

Without a picture of your specific bandsaw and its guides, we can only speculate that the guides are out of adjustment and alignment! There are several types of guides, the two most popular are rollers and wearpads. The other item in a horizontal bandsaw which can cause many problems is the main piviot bearings or bushings, as they wear out, it can cause the arm to track in a curve, instead of straight down!

Either way, the bandsaw needs to be aligned and adjusted with every NEW blade! This will keep the blades cutting straighter, and make them wear evenly! The bearings can wear out, and need to be replaced, just like the wear pads can wear out!

So drag it outside and hose it off, grab the wrenches and a good square, and give the bandsaw a nice tune-up!

Eric

:tired: