586,409 active members*
3,099 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Tools / Tooling Technology > CNC Tooling > NEW diamond technology for granite

NEW diamond technology for granite

Great forum, i am new here. was sent here by the guys @ CLICK ME I am currently testing some new finger bits for granite that feature diamonds that are auto aligned through out the segment. Rather than the current "random" diamond placement that is available. If any of you stone fabricators are interested lmk.

notice the diamond placement. 30% faster cutting speeds & life are what we are shooting for.

M. Smith
    Helix Professional Tools
    877-342-3672

What kind of cutting speeds and cutting depth can you get with these bits?

depth is 4cm. cutting speed is dependant on type of granite & rpm. every shop is different.

alex will get a hold of you sometime this week about getting a few to try
    i like the theory of these bits. lets see how they work compared to viper elites.
    Chris Spangler
    Nonn's Flooring Granite Dept.
    Prairie Du Sac, Wisconsin
    Intermac Master Stone 4000
    Got Stone?

do it !

i had a guy try and sell me 'terminator' (i think that was the name..) finger bits for engineered stone.. i believe tyrolit sells em, any input?

well when working with es finger bits can be pretty tricky if it's not a genuine "es" bit. chances are it's just a granite bit that he says you can use on es.
    i have es bits though. call me if you need more info. 877-342-3672

Tyrolit does have an ES finger bit. They are the Gold Finger Bits, but for some reason they have only has the 50mm bits in stock. They have been working well for everyone we supply them to.

Kev Jr
    GMR Quality Stone Products

tested and very happy

We recieved 1 of your bits a few weeks ago and it has been awsome. the prior bits we ran at 60% feed and about 80% rpm. (7 ipm aprox. and 4000 rpm) after the break in period we could run yours at about 95% feed and 100% rpm. the "applecoring" was less pronounced then with our old bits and the edges were much easier for the edge bits to finish so we could also up the settings for them. over all i would give these a 9.5 out of 10.

Donald

Thanks Donald.
    Direct - 847-388-0165 - www.helixtools.net - http://helixtools.tumblr.com/
    Email - [email protected] - http://bit.ly/re9sMI