587,023 active members*
4,035 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Uncategorised CAM Discussion > looking for easy to lurn 2axis lathe software

looking for easy to lurn 2axis lathe software

looking for easy to lurn 2axis lathe software i know autocad and visi cad(for mill) but do not know any lathe software i just bought an okuma howa 2 axis lathe with funuc control i need a simple software for simple turning and treading groving ect any sugestions? is gibbs easy to lurn? i downloaded bobcad looks more mill friendly than lathe any sugestions would be grate.

Easy to use turning / programming software

I would like to suggest a look at our conversational CNC software ... KipwareT ... Info and slide show presentations available at www.KentechInc.com.

Kipware is based on the idea that for the every day workpieces made in 90% of the machine shops every day ... creating a drawing and/or using a CAD/CAM software package can be overkill, can actually slow down the creation of simple programs and cuts down on the number of people who have the capability to create the programs in the shop. Kipware uses simple fill-in-the-blank forms to create CNC programs ... simple sketch drawing and DXF import are also available ... but for the 90% of parts made every day, no drawing is required.

Thanks in advance for your consideration ...

Well Since you ask..

OneCNC has a real nice Lathe program. That is in my opinion, both easy to learn and easy to use.

And powerful to boot..it support turning and drilling cycles, tool library, tool path preview and cut part simulation, among other things.

It will turn a 2D wire frame into a solid part for visual effects..or extract the edges of a solid model to drive the tools. All with the click of a button.

The Professional version has solid modeling tools...

The standard Fanuc post is rock solid..or if need be the post can be user tweaked.

It has a very nice built in DNC program and editor..although you won't be using the editor much, if at all..

http://onecnc.net/quicktour/lathe/qu...he_windows.htm
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

onecnc looks nice but price?

somebody wroght that it was 10k pretty steep

OneCNC Lathe..NO more like $2000
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

do they have demos?

They have trials..

partmaker need i say more