586,068 active members*
3,881 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Fanuc O-Mate M dnc

I need help reestablishing my dnc to a 1989 Fanuc O-Mate M control on a bridgeport 412.
    We experienced Y axis encoder failure and it was repaired along with a circuit board. The tech blamed the damage to a power surge.
    When we first brought the machine up we couldn't see any of the programs in the library until we turned off the tape/dnc setting . These all run fine but we have no way of sending a program from the pc. It shows a 86 error or LSK never quits flashing. I have a radio shack tester hooked up and the three leds light up as before. I looked at the parameters for baud rate and stop bits and they remain as before. I've tried both xp with cadem software and an old 98 machine with Bobcad that has always sent succesfully before.
    I am stuck on this problem and have no desire to call back the tech after spending 2200 on the encoder and board. There must be a simple solution to this, has anyone experienced this problem ? Thanks in advance.

I get the flashing LSK on my screen when I try to send information to my Fanuc 3T from a PC and I press input on the control before sending from the PC. I have to send from the PC and then go to the control and press input...doesnt work the other way...will just flash LSK for ever.86 Alarm sounds like your I/O settings are incorrect, perhaps.