just reading a thread or two bought something up i never really sat down and thought too hard about...

and not seeing it mentioned, seems that either its rudimentary or noone actually bothers....

the gecko manual from memory states the steppers should spin at 200rpm.

so. question...

the procedure would be this, im guessing?

undo the steppers, so they arent driving anything. i havent got enough travel to frig around for a few minutes at rapid feeds!

i have the 0.2" lead ball screws...

so to get a motor to spin at 200rpm, it would be... um, um...lets see...

5 turns an inch...so 40 ipm?

convert to decimal cus im AUSTRALIAN. sorry, i cant help where i was born, and havent won a greencard yet

erm roughly 1000mm/min. slightly more because of that pesky lil 0.4 extra per inch... seriously, when they devised the metre, why didnt they just base it on whatever its based on then simply round it to suit what was already in use? think of all the headaches it would save!!!!!! thats the french for you... making life hard for EVERYONE! a solid 25mm to the inch rather than needing 127 teeth and all that sort of nonsense...sheesh!

then rather than write the gcode, id set the motor speed via motor config (i use mach3) to that figure, the 1000mm/min, and just hit rapid feed for whatever axis im working on?

correcticles?

i might actually tune them properly now...