587,485 active members*
3,537 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > SprutCAM > Sprut8 worth the upgrade?

Hybrid View

Re: Sprut8 worth the upgrade?

Tormach. Own a 1100.

I am also thinking about upgrading from SC7. There are a number of issues with SC7 that I know how to work around (stupid UI errors on some of the controls, for example). I haven't had too many crashing problems. Has anyone here played with SC9?

Quote Originally Posted by kevinro View Post
    I am also thinking about upgrading from SC7. There are a number of issues with SC7 that I know how to work around (stupid UI errors on some of the controls, for example). I haven't had too many crashing problems. Has anyone here played with SC9?
    if you purchased SC standalone as I would call it, not with the Tormach cnc machine, from my understanding its best to jump on SC8, and they will charge small fee when SC9 comes out, since its already, but they have not done there OEM stuff

now if you got it with tormach, then the above does not apply, as far as the pricing and what not. But I too jumped on 8, because 8 and 9 are much better, esp since being 64bit! and they changed some graphics stuff so hope that has improved a lot.

As far as SC9, there is a different thread and there is a guy who already got it.

I will go check out the other thread. I downloaded the trial 30 version and have been playing with it for a couple hours. It works roughly the same set of steps. The UI is a bit nicer than the old one. It hasn't crashed yet, but so far I have only done a couple of parts. Doesn't look like there is a post for Tormach at the moment, but I haven't looked online.