586,080 active members*
3,442 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Community Club House > CNC On A Budget - Burnt!

CNC On A Budget - Burnt!

In April of 2004 I placed and order totalling $327 (US) with Paul Jones of CNC on a budget. I sent a money order via registered mail which Paul Jones verified he received (as does the registered mail).

At the time Paul Jones had a warning on his website stating that it would be at least 3 months before he could fill new orders, so I left him alone until almost 6 months later, when I enquired as to my place in the lineup. I was assured that the order was soon to be filled.

After more than a year of waiting, I asked that either the order be filled or a refund for the money be sent - I have not had any responses from CNC On a Budget since I first asked for the refund, despite sending multiple requests for refund.

Your mileage may vary but, think long and hard before you send money to CNC on a budget.

This really put me off. I've had the controllers and software for two years but haven't persued building a machine, mostly because I can't bring myself to order parts again.

Thats a shame, never even heard of 'em.

I find that all of the guys in the zone tend to be honest and very helpfull I have ordered parts from a few of them never had a problem but I can't recall ever hearing of this guy what exactly did you order from him?

I ordered his PCB spindle, three motors, flexible couplings, and the instant- Z axis along with sundry cutters.

The website is http://www.cnconabudget.com/ and I do know people who have received product from him - otherwise I would never have ordered.

Wow.

You have some incredible patience!

Sorry to hear about your problem. Maybe a quick threat, I mean - call to him mentioning the Better Business Bureau would be helpful. Or find the state in which he operates and file a complaint with the State Corporation Commission (if he is incorporated). Usually a threatening, I mean - a calm conversation threatening, I mean - mentioning legal action produces results.

Scott
    Consistency is a good thing....unless you're consistently an idiot.

and kept blasting him on this site untill you hear from him That will get his attension

I filled out the "contact me" form with a link to this thread. Lets see if he responds.

Not cool to steal someones hard earned money. Sorry that happened to you man.
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Sorry about that Rhodan. I had never heard of him b4. At least the rest of us have been warned.

Paul has been around for a while. He had some health problems to my knowledge and someone else mentioned deaths in his family in another thread.

Jason

Man, sorry to hear about that.
    Robbie

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

According to his web site he mentions chemotherapy in 2004!
    I don't wish to sound callous but I think he should have made a decision since then wether it is viable to carry on an efficient business or not, if he has problems.
    Which according to the latest quote from his web site may be an issue.

Quote:
    Right now I am loaded down with a backlog of spindle and Z Axis orders, so I can not guarantee delivery sooner than 60 days after payment. Possibly, but maybe not. I am warning everyone now so they don't email me a week after payment and yell and threaten me. This is not a chinese or mexican piece of CRAP (no offense to those of either ancestry.) this is a custom piece of precision machinery sold reasonably for my own reasons. I build everything here by myself.and when it's done, it's done. I work sick and I work tired and I work holidays and I work every night no matter how cold or hot it is. If you don't want to purchase under those conditions then go somewhere else.(maybe to the website where the guy drills his spindle bores with a Black and Decker 3/8" hand drill.) If you want to buy something right now then go to Thomson for slides and New Hermes for spindles and pay hundreds and hundreds of dollars.
    Unquote:

Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Well, I've been waiting somewhere around 760 days...

Sounds like this guy is a dead beat. Maybe the sick stuff is true, but refind the money. Sounds a little sketchy to me. At least we know to stay away from him!
    www.bigbearcnc.com

I know this thread is ancient but I also paid Paul Jones for a Z-axis that I never received. The payment was made sometime in 2002 or 2003. He made excuses for months, ignored emails, finally said it was sent around six months later, could not provide tracking, put me in touch with another person who had not received an axis (what does that prove, exactly??), eventually told me his shipper must have stolen it (why would he have a shipper for a USPS package?), asked if I would split the cost of a second axis... etc.

Yes -- some people have received items from him. I did not. Beware.