586,102 active members*
2,560 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

intermac 4000 mill bit problem

trying to mill out an arc on my cnc.. programming it was fine.. but when it picks up the mill bit and sends it over in front of the piece and the machine shuts down.....error message 19 tool released in rotation.

Any suggestions??
    Chris Spangler
    Nonn's Flooring Granite Dept.
    Prairie Du Sac, Wisconsin
    Intermac Master Stone 4000
    Got Stone?

Talking prob solved

nevermind.. we figured it out.. bad toolholder... wasnt letting tool rotate.
    had to call a friend of mine from pennsylvania... he knows intermacs like the back of his hand...
    Chris Spangler
    Got Stone?

about that intermac problem. what was wrong with the tool holder?....not letting the machine orient?.....hmmm.....hey.....where can i find a list of the g-m codes the cad / cam system on our intermac system uses?.

how do you guys set up tools? ive seen a long procedure that the operator in our shop does.....seems not very time efficient.

do you use your machine to cut sink holes also?.
    do you use the machine to drill the threaded insert holes for holding sinks in place?

intermac

yes we drill the sink holes but our fabricators use a makita to cut for holding the sinks in place.. im not sure where you can get the codes for that...hmnm might have to call agm on that one.. if u want i have a contact person's number and email and he is great.. knows alot of stuff.. if you call AGM ask to be directed towards Fred Watson and say that nonn's flooring recommended you.

as far as setting up tools im not sure what your asking to be honest.. i set up a 1/4 bevel set the other day. i mean it took a few hours but i used standard recomended speeds and actually cut a test piece and gradually worked the height and proper positioning by eye and letting the tools dictate.
    i know its alot easier then what AGM tries to get you to do

btw the problem with the tool holder is that when they go bad, or they are dropped there is a sensor in the top of the tool holder that is recognized by the spindle... so as it picked it up from the rack as soon as the rack closed it shuts the machine off knowing that there is a problem detected by the spindle... make sense? all we did was change the toolholder and tada!\

anything else i can help u with im usually logged in all the time
    hope i can help.. love the intermac!
    Chris Spangler
    Got Stone?

Chris,

I was wondering if you could help me. A client of mine is looking for a solid Intermac Set-Up/Operator. They are willing to relocate.
    Solid pay and benefits. Would you know of anyone? I do pay a decent referral fee of $400.00 paid in 60days of candidate's start date. ANY help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Best regards,

Peter Green
    SkillSource
    [email protected]

Hello

I am here to help you with all your Intermac issues as I have vast expertise in those machines.

Tool released in rotation

You have a bad sensor (751). I have three spindle sensors available for sale @ $75 each which would solve the current problem you have. If you use your Intermac heavily I'd suggest you stock up on those sensor as they go bad from time to time and you know that when the machine is down it means nothing but lost profit.

Can someone help please.
    I have a Master Edge 4000 year 1995.
    I keep getting the error WATCHDOG
    what does this mean.

I would like a copy of the G code, M code manual if you manage to get your hands on a copy please. I am working to decode some of the common one right now.

Master Edge 4000 - axes reset problem

Can someone help please.
    We have a Master Edge 4000 year 1996.
    After turn on machine and make Enable with CONTROL ON button, must be done Axes Reset procedure.
    We chose OEM and after that MSG-LOG.
    For ASCII string we enter F18 (that is Axes Reset)
    And after that we have message : Axes Reset in progre
    But nothing happens, Axes doesn't move and Drives are in Enable state.
    What could be the problem?

Was wondering if anyone has experience with an intermac masterstone 4000 and knows how to add/create tool numbers at the interface?

Re: Hello

Quote Originally Posted by Intermac_Guru View Post
    I am here to help you with all your Intermac issues as I have vast expertise in those machines.
    hi friend, i have a problem in the start up of my machine it is a intermac master stone 4000, when i turned it on the monitor run the self diagnostic and then start, the problem is that show 3 messages , i listed them here :

1 Tool Machine Off
    12 Please wait
    13 Press control on

we have tried pressing control on (ps0) but it just restart, please if you have some info or advice it will be helpful ... thank you