586,369 active members*
3,327 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Vectric > VCarve Pro Version 3.1 Released

VCarve Pro Version 3.1 Released

We are pleased to announce that Version 3.1 of VCarve Pro has been released. This is a free update for all registered users of VCarve Wizard and VCarve Pro. All registered users have been e-mailed with the new download details, so let us know if you haven't received this information.

Below is a list of the new features and changes since version 3.0 was launched at the beginning of July.

Circular Arc Output - G02 / G03

This is the major change for version 3.1. Profile and Pocketing toolpaths created from designs which contain arcs will now be output with G02 / G03 moves (CG moves for ShopBots). Using arcs reduces the size of toolpath files and gives smoother and higher quality machined edges.

As well as changes to the program, we have also had to modify the postprocessors to support the new commands. Therefore, when you go to save a toolpath with the new version check if there is a PostProcessor available with the word 'Arcs' in the description.

If there is not an arc postprocessor for your machine, and your machine supports circular arc output, please contact [email protected] and we will look at creating an updated post.

Preserve Arcs & Beziers When Welding

In previous versions, when two vectors were 'welded' together the resulting vector approximated any arcs and beziers in the shape with short straight line segments. This made it hard to edit the shapes subsequently. With version 3.1 the arcs and beziers are preserved wherever possible making the design process much more enjoyable.

Miscellaneous Improvements

• Added align horizontal and align vertical icons to drawing tab

• Display warning if import AI/EPS/PDF files which only contain bitmap data

• Set cursor for zoom and pan as soon as tool is selected

• Remove S shortcut for scale as used for smooth point. Now use T for scale ([T]ransform)

• Changed drawing and selection order so that more recent objects are 'over' older objects when drawn and selecting

For a full list of changes please see the thread called "Version 3.1 Released" on the Vectric forum at ... http://vectric.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=2

Below are a couple of Sign designs carved on a ShopBot router using VCarve Pro

Tony

Very nice. I've really got to get off my a@@ and start building my router. My current problem is everones old favourite - Money (Or lack thereof!) I hate starting things before I can finish them so dont want to get going until I have ALL the parts....

Edit: Who are the forsythes? Tell them I like their sign!

Hey Diarmaid, money shouldn't stop you from starting. Buy as you go or you'll never start because most of the time the machine is never finished.

Tony, those signs look great.
    Take it easy.
    Jay (www.cncjay.com)