586,058 active members*
4,352 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Ram Parity Error

hi,
    we have a turning centre with fanuc 0t control,we are faced with frequent RAM PARITY ERROR
    alarm from the control. normally we switch the system off and restart when the alarm goes. Today we are stuck as the alarm and the controls is stalled.
    There is a red led on in the memory board.
    any suggestions
    thanks
    rags

we had to turn our machine on several times before it did start up properly. We change some cards, but the fault remain, then we changed back to the old cards and suddenly the machine works well.. BAd connetctions somewere mabe ?

Most of the time you need to clear the memory and re-load it. It sounds like something is corrupted. Hope that helps....

same problem with 15M

I Have The Same Problem With Fanuc 15m But When I'm Going To Solve It By Clear All Files And Input 3 Pass Words I Get No Reply The Error Is System Lable Lost

Quote Originally Posted by SBAGHAEI
    I Have The Same Problem With Fanuc 15m But When I'm Going To Solve It By Clear All Files And Input 3 Pass Words I Get No Reply The Error Is System Lable Lost
    Try dumping the memory (back it up first) and all the parameters (make sure you have a copy of them first) then clear the ram memory, you'll have to look in your manuals or contact Fanuc on how to do this. Then reload everything. If you don't have any hardware probs., this should solve any corrupt files etc. and or any parameters that may be wrong.

Good Luck A.J.L.

I had this problem a few years ago. Had to dump the memory by holding 2 keys and powering on(beware, you will lose ALL parameters including the parameters for number of axis, numbers of tools, etc.). You have to enter so many parameters in octal(10 or 20 parameters) before you even get the familiar screens. Once you get that working you can setup communication and upload them from a PC. At the time I didn't have the parameters on PC..... oh that was fun..... All by hand, then try and figure out which ones were changed through the years... needless to say it was buggy for a little while until the parameters were straightened out. BACKUP PARAMETERS before something like this happens to you!

This problem can be caused by power spikes, loose connections on boards, poor power supply, backfeeding circuits with high voltage, etc etc etc...
    Jack of all, master of none
    Galveston, TX

Quote Originally Posted by rags
    hi,
    we have a turning centre with fanuc 0t control,we are faced with frequent RAM PARITY ERROR
    alarm from the control. normally we switch the system off and restart when the alarm goes. Today we are stuck as the alarm and the controls is stalled.
    There is a red led on in the memory board.
    any suggestions
    thanks
    rags

Hi !
    please sure you have the parametre 900 series and also all machine parameter and diagnostig . in this situation you must clear all memory and set up the control system again please do as follow

1- turn off the control system .
    2- press and hold down RESET and DELET and POWER ON key all together !
    3- you see the many error on the screen , go to setting page and put the PWE to 1 !
    4- firstly put the machine parameter from 0 to 20 and turn off and turn again !
    5- then put the machine parameter nr 900 and turn off and turn on again
    6- put the rest of control machine parametre and turn off and turn again
    7 - its enough if to resart the control system if you dont have special hard ware or soft ware if you see any thing on screen please let me know

be happy with FANUC !

SBaghaei \

sbaeghi help!

do you know about this problem (parity error 911)
    my control is a 16MA from a robodrill machine..here the thread:

Hi Guys, I Hope Somebody Could Help Me, I Have A Robodrill T10-a
    Whit A Fanuc 16ma Control.
    Recently Becomes To Show The 911 4n+1 Alarm, At The Power On.
    So, We Call A Mexican Fanuc Reseler, And He Comes To Check It, So After Some Testing, He Says We Must Buy The Main Cpu Board, So A Few Days Ago We Install The New Cpu Board, Whit The Old Modules (like Pcm, Ram, Control,etc) And The 911 4n+1 Alarm
    Its Still Present.
    So, We Have Another Robodrill In Good Shape Working, So We Took The Main Board From The Working Robodrill And Put It Into The Damage Robodrill And It Works!
    Next Test Was To Change The Good Modules From The Working Main Board, Into The New Main Board And Put Into The Damage Robodrill, So....result= 911 4n+2 Alarm
    In Both Tests We Reset The Memory Whit The 'delete' Key At The Power On Shutting, And Nothing Happens
    Now, The Fanuc Represent Seller Can't Come Right Now, And I Have A Lot Of Job To Do, So Anybody Can Help Me?

Thanks
    MARTIN S.

Ram Parity Error On Fanuc Om Kept Coming Back

I can replicate this error if I upload a prog via DNC and there is (already) some progs stored on the m/c. It seemed to me that it was like a memory capacity problem and I got into the habit of only having the current program job on the machine. Instead I store all progs now on a laptop and only upload them to m/c when required. I observed also that it was sometimes possible to have, say, 3 very small progs (already) on the machine without throwing the 911 alarm, but in the case of a large prog upload it would trigger the alarm on most occasions. I have to say I did clear the memory a couple of times (as it is necessary to get control of the machine again) but the problem always returned. I stick to the procedure outlined above and don't get the problem any more. Of course, I don't have a back-up of progs on the m/c but to get a second copy I use a PC memory stick and transfer them to another PC...thus if I ever get a PC failure I have another set of progs.

darrylh, im sawing that you dont have the 911 alarm, because maybe the roth of your fault its clearing the memory, so, i tried too inserting a new ram memory module, and doing the memory clearing procedure, you know...
    shift + delete keys and turn on the power, but this machine simply dont starts on!...thanks your info its welcome, maybe in a future...i already know another cause for the 911 alarm, thanks

Hi
    SBAGHAEI in his reply is 100% right but be aware that mostly cause for 911 error is your system battery going low please check the voltage on it 8 out of 10 times that's the cause of this problem.

Hi ... for best advise to you i need the following information ...
    1- all pcb names in damage robodrill and good working for example in good working you have PMC L + MEM .....

2- 9000 series machine parametre in both machine

3- do you check the battry back up ? firstly check it

i waiting for

F.Sharifi

Quote Originally Posted by osomaker View Post
    do you know about this problem (parity error 911)
    my control is a 16MA from a robodrill machine..here the thread:

Hi Guys, I Hope Somebody Could Help Me, I Have A Robodrill T10-a
    Whit A Fanuc 16ma Control.
    Recently Becomes To Show The 911 4n+1 Alarm, At The Power On.
    So, We Call A Mexican Fanuc Reseler, And He Comes To Check It, So After Some Testing, He Says We Must Buy The Main Cpu Board, So A Few Days Ago We Install The New Cpu Board, Whit The Old Modules (like Pcm, Ram, Control,etc) And The 911 4n+1 Alarm
    Its Still Present.
    So, We Have Another Robodrill In Good Shape Working, So We Took The Main Board From The Working Robodrill And Put It Into The Damage Robodrill And It Works!
    Next Test Was To Change The Good Modules From The Working Main Board, Into The New Main Board And Put Into The Damage Robodrill, So....result= 911 4n+2 Alarm
    In Both Tests We Reset The Memory Whit The 'delete' Key At The Power On Shutting, And Nothing Happens
    Now, The Fanuc Represent Seller Can't Come Right Now, And I Have A Lot Of Job To Do, So Anybody Can Help Me?

Thanks
    MARTIN S.

thanks f.sharifi, so how do i get the 9000 series parameters?

I was experimented some times the alarm 911 and most of the time was the memory PCB, the 900 series parameter you can get from the cnc parameter of the machine if you have a copy of them, if not you need to contac the manufacturer of you machine. when you replace the memory PCB you will lost the parameter when change the Eproms.

I have gotten the same error,did the delete and lost all my parameters...I was abble to punch them in by hand and have it up and running..The only problem I can see at this time is there is no G01 feed movement...it will rapid but not feed..Anyone know what parameter it is for the feed?I have a fanuc O-M control...Any help would be appreciated.