586,103 active members*
2,725 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > Cannot get machine to do anything!

Cannot get machine to do anything!

Hey everyone. I'm new to the forum but I've been using vectric and a laser printer for some time at a local maker space. I was finally was able to purchase a x6-1500gt from carving-cnc.com. I am having some major issues and was hoping to get some help.

So far :
    I received all the parts and got my machine together. Everything was in box and nothing was damaged.

Everyone I have came across on forums said they received an email with a mach3 install and a plugin for the machine but I didn't get that. I however was able to find the software and the usb plugin driver offline.

Installed a copy of mach3 I got off their website and installed the usbmove pluggin. I followed the quickstart guide on the router and programmed the pins like I was said to.

I opened the control box up and the USB board has a red light that blinks. And every time I plug the machine in. Windows 8 will say 'Mach 3 USB controller ' but Mach 3 will never tell me motion control card hardware sensed like the quick start guide says it should.

And whenever I am in mach3 it keeps saying on the log "External Movement Not Connected![Movement Warning]"

I am trying to get everything going on windows 8 toshiba laptop. I have also tried on a windows 7 desktop with the same results.

I am struggling and frustrated. Any help?

Re: Cannot get machine to do anything!

What does the vendor say? According to their website, they provide "strong after sales support". It sounds like the version of the USB driver software you found online doesn't work; you need the real thing that they "specifically designed for Mach3". If they really won't send it to you, there's a forum here for discussing vendors - I notice there's already some talk about these guys there: http://www.cnczone.com/forums/vendor...c-support.html At least you can warn others not to fall into the same trap.
    Andrew Werby
    Website

Luckily what happened is the email containing all the software was received on my end. The guys from carving-cnc got me all the files I needed at my cnc machine is working now.

Coincidence? Or perhaps those guys are monitoring this site...
    Andrew Werby
    Website