586,061 active members*
4,345 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Dynomotion/Kflop/Kanalog > G40, G41, G42 / Problem with G41 & G42? Ver. 4.32 Kflop board.

G40, G41, G42 / Problem with G41 & G42? Ver. 4.32 Kflop board.

Greetings,

I have spent probally six hours today testing with my New Software BlueCNC4. This runs with the Kflop controller... and I am very pleased.

I think there is a bug: or code error in the Kmotion Release 4.32.

What I am seeing is: When G40 is sent, G40 is repored back, in my message display. Where I report the current GCodes being used.

When I send G41, it reports back that it is G42...
    When I send G42, it reports back that it is G41...

And thus I believe a lot of the confusion I have been experiencing today... could never get it to work like a G41 go to the left of the path.
    I have been able to get it to do an outside compensation... but only one direction.

Thanks in advance for looking into this...

Sincerely,
    Robot & Machine Design - BLUECNC4, GreenCNC3, RedCNC2L, SilverCNC2; CNC Software!
    www.truemachinedesign.com - - - - - - - - - - - - - www.truemachineautomation.com

Re: G40, G41, G42 / Problem with G41 & G42? Ver. 4.32 Kflop board.

Hi jeffserv,

What are you doing to "report back" what mode it is in?

Regards
    TK
    http://dynomotion.com

There is a message handler, or code that reports back which GCodes are operational as they change. I use this to report back, and show on my screen, all active GCodes and as well the Active MCodes.

Also I have tested this with the Dynomotion Gcode program, which has message info. at the bottom to monitor the activity of the card.

When you tell it G41, it is doing G42, (G42 is to the Right) and it tells you it is to the right... Command G42 and you get G41 or going to the left??
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________________

//Update the showing of the Modal Information.
    var modals = KM.CoordMotion.Interpreter.SetupParams.Active_GCod es;
    textBox2.Text = (String.Format("GCodes: {0}", string.Join(",", modals.Select(s => s.ToString()).ToArray())));
    var miscs = KM.CoordMotion.Interpreter.SetupParams.Active_MCod es;
    textBox3.Text = (String.Format("MCodes: {0}", string.Join(",", miscs.Select(s => s.ToString()).ToArray())));
    Robot & Machine Design - BLUECNC4, GreenCNC3, RedCNC2L, SilverCNC2; CNC Software!
    www.truemachinedesign.com - - - - - - - - - - - - - www.truemachineautomation.com

Hi jeffserv,

Still isn't clear what you mean and are observing. Code seems consistent with G42=Right such as in the Interpreter:

gez[4] =
    (settings->cutter_comp_side == RIGHT) ? G_42 :
    (settings->cutter_comp_side == LEFT) ? G_41 : G_40;

Executing G42D1 in KMotion | GCode displays:

-COMMENT("interpreter: cutter radius compensation on right")@617350.062

Regards
    TK
    http://dynomotion.com

Tom,

OK, now I don't know what happened. But trying different ways of running the GCode G41 and G42, and it giving errors, when it thinks arcs are not correct,... then trying again.

It has mysteriously corrected itself.... no reboot, no restarting of the program.

Apparently, when you try to start a G41 or a G42 and the code you have written creates an error. It stops the program. It may be that if you have not issued a G40, and you try again, there may be an internal error created.

I don't know, somehow in all my messing around, it has corrected itself for now.
    __________________________________________________ ______________

What I know now.... is the G41 and G42 do not work all that well? I can get both to work, outside of dimensions. But cannot seem to get them to work in a pocket??

For instance: 1 x 1 sqaure. I can get both to run on the outside of a 1 x 1 block, .125 cutter .25 cutter... but cannot get either G41 or G42 to run on the inside of a sqaure, even when I put radiused corners. They always go outside of the dim. by the offset amount, and not inside.

If you try to run the opposite way, the sequence of actions, in order to try and make the G41 and G42 to work... they do not?

__________________________________________________ ______________

Honestly, I personally never used these offsets. I have found in the past, that on the Haas, Bridgeport, and others, that it was just to much trouble. It was easier to figure the tool path, and just run the parts.

So for me it is not an issue, but I wonder if my customers will want this, or use it??

I will create a separate post, and see what others think, about Tool Radius Offsets?

Thanks,