586,123 active members*
3,164 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Hitachi Seikis > Error: spindle lubricationn distributor

Error: spindle lubricationn distributor

Hi guys

have a Hitachi Seiki VK45-2,

getting an error every time the tool changes: "Spindle lubrication distributor pressure low". But machine works fine if no tool change used. Does anyone anyone knows where to look for? At least, where to look for that "distributor"? Is that a tank with hydraulic oil in the back of the machine? But is has an oil in it...

Re: Error: spindle lubricationn distributor

If this machine has the "High Speed" spindle option the it will have two lubrication tanks on the back of the machine. The tank on the right is for the high speed spindle option. There is a pressure switch directly above the tank. This switch could be defective. If you let me know machine serial number, I can check what options it had. It could be that this is not a high speed spindle but the option parameter is turned on. The only time it looks at this pressure is at a tool change. The air that is supplied for the spindle air lube mist goes through two filter/drier units that are located by the air supply for the machine,they are in a housing and marked change 6 month and change 1 year. They are made by Laman and look like the size of two cigars.Also on the top of the machine there should be a mixing block that is made of aluminum and has a lube line and an air line going in and 3 or 4 lines cumming out going to the spindle head. Let me know machine serial number for further assistance.
    Jeffrey Kale

General Manager

CYBER CNC MACHINERY SALES,INC.
    S86 W22400 Edgewood Avenue
    Big Bend, WI 53103
    Phone: (262) 662-1100

Thank for a promt response!

I will check it tomorrow for SN but it does not have a High speed spindle, due to my spindle revs are 8500 per minute. An as far as i know (i'm not in shop right now) - it has only one tank with the fluid.
    Do you have manuals for sale for my machine?

Hi again,

my SN is T1125704

Serial Number should start with VK47_ _ _ The number is on a Tag usually says Model Number then Serial Number
    Jeffrey Kale

General Manager

Big Bend, WI 53103

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCNC View Post
    Serial Number should start with VK47_ _ _ The number is on a Tag usually says Model Number then Serial Number
    Yeap, sorry, sn is 47103

It is apparent that this machine was not sold in the Americas. I only have records from Hitachi Seiki of machines that where sold here. I do not know what control is on this machine, nor do I have a list of what options this machine has. If you can tell me the control and the alarm number, I may be able to tell you what parameter may be causing your problem.
    Jeffrey Kale

General Manager

Big Bend, WI 53103

Thank you,

the control number is T1125704 . It has Seicos M-3. But i think i have found a problem:

I've checked the oil level in that rear tank and it was present, but i have mentioned that a level indicator is empty, so i think that the level is not enough - i have marked the present level with a red line. And what oil should i fill

Have used Mobil Velocite #6 but after 4 days the error appeared again ( Maybe wrong oil?

Won't be the oil type. Did you take a look at the pressure sensor coming off the tank?
    John

Quote Originally Posted by shas595 View Post
    Won't be the oil type. Did you take a look at the pressure sensor coming off the tank?
    John
    I have a pressure gauge coming off the tank and its broken. But it was always broken, and error appeared recently

The error alarm became more often. And can appear randomly during operation.
    Can you tell me what is the pressure sensor look like and where is it situated? Thank you

The lubrication pressure switch for the spindle lubrication is located on the top of the spindle head just in front of the tool un-clamp cylinder. It looks like a plastic dome and has a adjustment screw if you take off the plastic dome. The pointer should be set at "0" on the scale that is under the plastic dome. The part number for the switch is SPS-8T 1 1/4 ON11K OFF8K. Hitachi Seiki P/N 04999072958. there is also a oil/air mixing valve located close by that looks like an aluminum block with about six lines coming off of it. One of those lines goes to this pressure switch. The ladder is set to scan this pressure switch using a timer when the spindle is running and that is why you can run the spindle sometimes.
    Jeffrey Kale

General Manager

Big Bend, WI 53103

Thanks for the drawing.

I have set it to "0", but the problem remains. Maybe there's a real problem for a spindle lubrication? But if there were a problem, i think that it dont even start up...

Just because the switch is set to "0" on the scale does not mean that it is working. Please check the diagnostics for the switch "X0B6" on the diagnostic screen while the spindle is running. It should cycle on and off about every minute, or every time the "Standby Button" is depressed. If the diagnostics does not change, then disconnect the switch and put the two wires together and apart while you watch the diagnostic to see if it changes. If it changes when you put the wires together and apart then the switch itself is defective.
    Jeffrey Kale

General Manager

Big Bend, WI 53103

It began really annoying. Now it can stuck with error in a middle of a programm.
    I have not such diagnostic screen (or maybe i cannot find it) so i just disconected the wires from the switch and put them together. The error remains.... So i have put them apart and still the error remains... Maybe any other diagnose method? Thank you

Yes, the problem is in the switch. I'm trying to find the proper replacement on a local market, can you tell me what is the working pressure ? There are digits from 2 to 0 and from 0 to 2, but i dont understand their meaning. Maybe its in kgf ? Thank you

I have taken these wires apart to get the oil running all the time. But the problem persists... How it can be so? Maybe the sensor is broken? But where can i look for him? There are not a single mention of oil sensors in manual. Maybe there are some ways to run that error in silent? Because the machine stops every time the tool changes.