586,065 active members*
4,642 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Employment Opportunity / RFQ (Request for Quote). > Employment Opportunity > Complete Electronics Control Unit with Steppers needed!

Cool Complete Electronics Control Unit with Steppers needed!

Hello,
    I have been selling my Mini Routers which do NOT have any electronics, but many people are begging me to include the Electronics and sell it as a complete unit!
    I neither have the time to research and assemble the components, nor the experience in electronics to know what is required!
    I'm looking for a complete box, with all components and cables to connect the three NEMA23 motors to my Mini Routers.
    Can someone give me a quote or a link to such an item?

Here is the WidgitMaster web site!

Thank you,
    Eric (CEO)

WidgitMaster, Inc.
    PO BOX 360119
    Melbourne, FL 32936-0119
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MiniRouter-640x924.jpg  

I'd check out:

kdntool.com

camtronics.com

xylotex.com

They all make all-in-one boxes.

Thanks!

-Jeff

Eric....I can come up with a solution....send me a PM and let me know how many systems.....any idea what people are willing to pay....

www.Hobbycnc.com is a very good choice I am sure they will assemble for a small fee.

Jason

Eric:

Things to consider.

The folks "say" they want to buy a turn key router BUT AT WHAT PRICE???

Lets say you do come up with a "package", inevitably, the budget hobbiest will come by looking for less costly DIY package.

At what point, do you want to spend your day talking a DIY'er thru the "i want to do this instead of that" or "I have this instead, will this work?" or the "what do I have to do get my Bombwidget 2000 to work that I just got of E-bay becuase it was such a deal".

We sort of learned that lesson when we got into the R/C market quite some time ago. Their hobby starts to drastically encroach on your ability to run your business and that's when stuf gets QUITE unsatisfying.

Simply put, you can't make any money trying to engineer each and every gooffy a$$ system someone is going to want to put together our of junk/e-bay/or photocopier parts.

An idea to consider would be to get affiliated with an outfit much like yourself who does a similar type of hobby style CNC retrofits. Perhaps they have a turn key system that is readily adaptable to your beautifully constructed device. This way, you could come up with an engineered "package" that truly bolts on.

YOu could then either offer the kit for a minor mark-up, install it and have a turn key system ready for a reasonable profit or point to the "partner" and let the client buy it and you're out of the picture.

After talking with some retrofitters while trying to find a "kit" for my NC lathes, I now see why the professionaly integrators don't piece out their stuff. You'll go broke dealing with the plethora of permutations that can be constructe out of all the stuff that's out there. They sell THEIR kit at THEIR price and this keeps the low dollar crowd out of their hair (being strapped for cash, I consider myself a member of the low dollar crowd which is why I DIY this stuff when I can).

By doing it this way, when the customer's kluged up creation doesn't work, it won't become your become YOUR fault or your problem to solve.

Regarding the "kit" idea, I"d check out the guys who supply mill retrofit kits for table top mills. That sort of system should drive your router quite readily. Besides, why reinvent the wheel???

Cool

I agree, NC CAMS!
    At present I have chosen to point them to Xylotex, where they can buy all or part of the remaining electronics for my Mini-Router. But Xylotex does NOT sell a 3-axis system in a box!

In the mean time, I would like to design a box to sit under the Mini Router, to hold the PS and drivers, the trick is to build it cheap and to the correct size, and still be strong enough to support the Router!

This is a challenging project, and when the new 12x12 router is ready, it may get even more interesting!

Looked like Jason gave ya a good link!!!