586,077 active members*
3,897 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Plasma, EDM / Waterjet Machines > Waterjet General Topics > does anyone have any experience with ez-router?

does anyone have any experience with ez-router?

have been looking at cnc plasma/router tables for sometime now haven't really decided on which one yet but this one was recomended by someone who knows what they are talking about. Was wondering if anybody had any exp. with one. Will mostly be plasma cutting with it but i might mess around with the router for my own use unless i need it to be running a majority of the time.
    The machine looks solid but was wondering about the v-groove bearings it uses compared the the linear slides (thompson shafting or the other can't think what its called the one that has the rail with dual v-grooves with roller ball bearings on either side) whats the plus and minuses to those three?
    In a plasma situation?
    Is there a rule of thumb what size exhaust fan i need to run per sq.ft. of cutting area? i think i read it once it think it was 50cfm per sq.ft also want to run a water table, should i still run the same cfm blower as if i'm not running a water table to be safe?

here is ez-routers web site http://ez-router.com/catalog/index.php
    thanks
    william haywood
    bear race cars

I have no experience with them, but it kinda scares me that there's so many gramatical errors and mis-spelled words on that site...

Fortunately they are more precise in their products. Their electronics cabinet and wiring are the cleanest and neatest I have seen. It looks like it's built for NASA. Web site is probably maintained by a different person than builds the machines! (:-)).

OTOH I have seen slick websites with major marketing fluff from two guys in a garage building six tables a year!

One company has a pretty neat site but their controller looks like it was built as a 5th grade science project!

I think this would fall in the "book and cover" analogy.