Hmmmm…….just browsed the forum for 3D activity and there is not much activity for sure......on the other hand there is a whole load of working activity and reviews on UTUBE.....tons of it actually...….kept me up till 4 AM watching the videos and reviews.....now I know what a 3D printer is and the differences between them.

I seriously think I'm going to roll a bundle at the Creality Ender 3 pro model with the magnetic bed.....Vlad, the reviewer, thinks it's the last word in that size model range...…..currently on EBAY for around A$350 give or take.

OK, so you "could" build one too as it's just a CNC router lookalike but with stuff being fused into a pile to form a work piece, but when you see the models on offer at such ridiculously low prices It makes building one too crude in the end.

One of the big topics is the aspect of used filament and failed part recovery and reuse apart from the aspect of using recycled plastic from other sources.

BUT..... a machine that is quite high on the technology ladder for making filament from scrap is the 3 Devo Composer 450 which is a Dutch design and make going for $7,000...……..gulp, gotta have a couple of those.....LOL…...which is compared to the Felfil Evo model for around $300 but doesn't have a very good review.

You still have to reduce your plastic scrap to small particles in a shredder ….whatever...….and at $20 or so for a reel of filament only a masochist would go down that path.
Ian.