586,108 active members*
3,184 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 3 123

What do you think of LinkMotion?

I'm looking for better software for my CNC laser and found linkmotion, is anyone using it here? http://www.solustan.com/index.php?curPage=linkmotion

I have Link Motion, this is good software and very easy for use

Got more of a chance to use it and so far I like it, I uses to use Mach to engrave but it would just punch holes in the material once it began a cut, because it does not modulate the power supply to the laser properly, but with linkmotion that is no longer a issue.

I noticed they can control Galil boards. What is the price of this software?
    Dennis

LinkMotion for CO2 laser machine. This 32 bit driver software works under Windows XP operating system. It will control your X and Y axis with step and direction commands, PWM power control for CO2 laser, red indicator diode control, cylindrical motion control, and will sense limit switches to position the beam at home position. This solution offers both vector and raster capabilities.
    LinkMotion is a driver like a printer driver. You simply print your job to our driver from many of the popular applications. Almost no training is required if you are already familiar with one of these applications.
    The price of LinkMotion is only $899 for vector output only version. LinkMotion with both vector and raster output is $1,299.
    Volume discounts are available for system manufacturers and dealers/distributors.

Hi,

Is there a way to try this software? I would like to try it for impact engraving (if I can implement it based on laser engraving version) and laser engraving. I could not see any link for a demo/evaluation version. Any help really appreciated.

Thank you.

Zoltan

LinkMotion for Galil motion control boards

Quote Originally Posted by DennisCNC View Post
    I noticed they can control Galil boards. What is the price of this software?
    Dennis, the version of LinkMotion you want to order is LM400 for Galil boards. It is compatible with Galil controller DMC 2180. You need to make sure that you have the up-to-date version of the drivers. Version 7 or higher is just fine.

The price is $1,299 plus shipping and handling.

Solustan accepts most major credit cards. Currently, we do not accept PayPal payments. However, it is something we are looking into.

We will send you a number of PDF documents which will help you to understand the concept of "Printing" or creating Galil commands and send them to your board as soon as you click print from any of many compatible applications.

Thanks.

Dhiren Shah
    Solustan, Inc.
    www.solustan.com
    www.LinkMotion.com

Trying LinkMotion

Quote Originally Posted by zoltan View Post
    Hi,

Is there a way to try this software? I would like to try it for impact engraving (if I can implement it based on laser engraving version) and laser engraving. I could not see any link for a demo/evaluation version. Any help really appreciated.

Thank you.

Zoltan
    Hello Zoltan,

We can provide you a pass word for downloading a demo copy of LinkMotion. It can be configured for rotary engraving or as you call it - impact engraving. We control,

X and Y axis for motion and
    Z axis for,
    - Motorized axis for Z up and down control
    - Or, solenoid and air pressure control for Z up and down
    - or, laser control for on and off

Also, we provide engraving fonts like 1 line, 2 line, 3 line, interlocking, Circle, etc. In all, we provide over 65 engraving fonts. You choose to use any TrueType font and in addiiton, you can use our specilaty engraving fonts. All of our engraving fonts are built with European accent marks for most European languages.

You can use Corel Draw, AutoCAD, AcceliCAD, DolphinCAD, Illustrator, ENgravelab, FlexiExpert, and others to design your job and simply, print your job to your engraving machine.

Please, let us have your E-Mail address and we will get you our demo software.

Thanks and regards.

Dhiren Shah
    Solustan, Inc.
    www.Solustan.com
    www.LinkMotion.com

Hi Dhiren,

My address is [email protected]. I would like to try all versions:
    X and Y axis for motion and Z axis for,
    - Motorized axis for Z up and down control
    - Or, solenoid and air pressure control for Z up and down
    - or, laser control for on and off AND MODULATED
    Still, I am not sure that I understood correctly. My understanding based on the above post is that LinkMotion is compatible with step/direction controller/driver, isn't it. Is your demo fully functional and just limited on time?

Thank you.

Zoltan

I'm using linkmotion on my new cnc laser which is servo.

Dhiren,

My email is (dizoita AT yahoo DOT com)

If possible I would also like to try the demo.

Thanks
    Dennis

LinkMotion Demo software driver

Already information was sent to Zoltan. We will be sending it to DennisCNC soon. Both will be sent pass words to download demo version of the LinkMotion.

Thanks for your interest.

Dhiren Shah
    Solustan, Inc.

Hi,

I got the information. I have downloaded demo Linkmotion. Thank you. I just did a fast read of pdf documents. It seems little bit complicated (for me). I did not instal the program yet. Could you tell me how I can setup the impact engraving? I mean to engrave a picture by impact with the command of power impact (solenoid Z). What is the limitation of demo version?
    Thank you.

Zoltan

LinkMotion for engraving with a solenoid in Z axis

Hello Zoltan,

It is a driver and not an application. Once you get it to install properly, there is very little to learn here because you get to use your own favorite application. LinkMotion is compatible with many standard applications that you can use.

The demo is good for 30 to 40 jobs before it will stop sending jobs.

It appears that your machine has step motors in X and Y axis and an air controlled solenoid in the Z axis.

At the time of installing LinkMotion, and almost at the end of the installation, you will be asked to select your application.

Select Virtual Controller for engraving.
    For choosing your machine, select one of the Newing Hall machines. These are automaticallt set for engraving with solenoid in the Z axis. You can change your resolutions in terms of microsteps and linear distance traveled per one revolution of the motor. There are other selections that you can check out in the LinkMotion applet.

You can address your three axis, solenoids, spindle motor, home switches, etc. from a parallel port. You may need a breakout board.

Attached is the information on the wiring of the parallel port.

Thanks and regards.
    Attached Files Attached Files

It took me a sec to figure out a few things myself, but follow the above pdf and it's a cinch, and it's amazing how well and smooth everything runs. Using link motion takes advantage of the full baud of your computer, not like other software that is limited to 45k mhz. When using it with a laser for engraving it modulates the laser perfectly, until now I was not able to do laser engraving as the other software could not ramp the laser power it would just turn it full on, making nothing but holes where the laser turned on.

with the Galil controller DMC 2180 can it do both vector and raster i know befor it was not able is it now ?

I have a modified shopbot using Mach 3 software. I need to replace this with some other software which supports laser operations. I have through of using the synrad laser units. please inform wether your software is compatible with synrad products. I have geared steppers on the machine. I need to Laser engrave on Granite slabs.

Dear Dhiren Shah

It will be appreciated if you send me the trial version of Linkmotion for Co2 lasers. Please let me know what is the problem with Galil boards for working in Raster mode ? Is it a limitation of Galil boards ?

Best Regards
    M.J. Eshraghi

LinkMotion for laser machines

Solustan offers three different products for laser solutions.

1. LinkMotion LM300 Virtual Controller driver for laser machines using parallel port and XP operating system. All you need is a breakout board, motor drivers, and power supply to get your laser system going. If your laser system can handle PWM input for laser power control, we can provide PWM as a function of XY speed. The solution includes vector as well as raster processing capabilities.

2. LinkMotion LM400L for DeltaTau/Laser board for machines with step or servo motors. Use DeltaTau's PMAC boards with all the classic features of laser systems including PWM controls, vector and raster processing.

3. LinkMotion LM500 for Scanlab galvo control boards for CO2/Yag Galvo Control systems. This is a high speed marking system.

In all of the above cases, LinkMotion driver software allows you to process your jobs directly from popular software programs like Corel Draw. You do not need to learn another software program to conduct your business.

Please, visit the following web page to view our special pricing for a limited period of time:
    www.solustan.com/specials

Now, Mr. M.J. Eshraghi, you asked about GALIL boards for laser control. We worked with Galil engineers and provided a specification covering both vector and raster processing including PWM capability for power control. In the opinin of Galil engineers, PWM and vector were not the problems. However, they thought that their boards would not be able to run more than 1.5 inch per second in the raster mode. We think that the typical requirement would be 20 to 40 inches per second. Yes, it is a limitation of processing power and memory available to store a couple of lines of information when a user plans to raster a line about 20 inches long and at a density of 500 to 600 DPI.

Solustan will send you a separate link to download the demo version of LinkMotion.

Thanks for your interest.

Dear Dhiren Shah
    Thank you for your prompt reply.
    I want to use Delta tau motion control boards, but they don't respond me about the price of their products. Could you please tell me which Delta tau boards is compatible with linkmotion driver. I'd like to use a standalone card. Is PMAC2 PCI lite (4 axis) compatible with Linkmotion. I want to use it for Co2 laser marking Machine.
    I am outside of USA, Do you ship your products to Japan, United Arab Emirates(UAE) or Iran. Please inform me about different ways of paying money and shipment details.

Best regards
    M.J. Eshraghi

Page 1 of 3 123