586,299 active members*
3,782 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Tools / Tooling Technology > Work Fixtures / Hold-Down Solutions > Multicam vacuum table build. Need some advice

Multicam vacuum table build. Need some advice

Hi guys,

I have a multicam 44 plus that i removed the t slot and have installed the mdf i will soon turn into a plenum for a vacuum table. I will mainly be cutting sheet goods for signs. Acrylic, and signabond. I want to have a bleeder board style table and i know that requires a large vacuum. My questions are…

1. How many zones to have in a 52 x 55 1/4 table?
    2. What are my best options for a vacuum. Ive researched the forums and still need some help to determine what setup would best suit my table. My budget is very limited, i need to get a vacuum as cheap as possible. Thanks guys.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2148.JPG  

Re: Multicam vacuum table build. Need some advice

The tables Multicam usually installs on their machines is a phonetic 1" thick sheet that is cut with vacuum ports and channels for the vacuum and the MDF is used as sacrificial board. Not sure how long the MDF will last under constant use, not to mention, MDF is a moisture hog, it is going to swell and contract, changing your cutting depths. It's just my 2cents

Yes at work we have a 5x10 Multicam table with that setup I believe. The issue is the cost of that. I covered the mdf in shellac so that should definitely help with it absorbing moisture. I also have it siliconed to the table top so that should keep it from lifting and warping. Here's a picture, im pretty happy with how it came out.