586,032 active members*
2,780 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > Haas VF2 coolant line clogged.

Haas VF2 coolant line clogged.

Hi I have a VF2 the coolant hose to clean the machine wasn't working very well and neither was the coolant by the spindle. So I bought a new check valve and it's working now but only the wash hose and the spindle mounted coolant is terrible. I've had the coolant pump out it's immaculate. Not one spec of goop or gunk in there the impeller looks brand new and it's spinning the correct way. I already shot so air into it and had a boat load of chips come out the hose where coolant pump is but it is still clogged. I took a lot of it apart the copper fitting that comes out of the spindle the 90 degree elbow and I even found part of a red zip tie in there. I ran a fish tape in both ends and I'm running into the 90's or sharp turns in the coolant line before I find a clog. Is there something I'm missing? Please help. My last resort is that I'm going to feed the coolant line up as far as I can into the white box that leads to the flex cover and make it more of a sweeping bend and not a 90 and hopefully get the fish tape further into the coolant line and free the clog. The chips that did come out were aluminum. BTW the machine is new to my company but it's a 2001 first time firing her up today.

Re: Haas VF2 coolant line clogged.

I had a 2000 vf4 and the coolant hose between the pump and head was very hard after 5 years or so. So if there was a kink that is out of sight it would cause this.

But thinking about it..the wash down is a separate hose from the pump in those years. So is the flow low out of both now? If so then the pipe coming up from the base of the pump must be clogged..?
    Gary

It was bad before but the wash hose is full power now. I just bought a new one because it had a kink in it.

The thing that gets me is when u push the coolant button the motor is strong enough to make the coolant line kick but next to nothing comes out

There are of course two hoses, one for wash down and one for providing coolant to the spindle. It sounds like the spindle one is clogged or you have an obstruction in the line at the head.

You did not say if you have programmable coolant or not, but go ahead and unscrew the valve for the linelock outlet. But, prior to that, if you have not yet done it pop the line lock line off and make sure it is clear.

It's all about following the money, err coolant.

Mike

Mike
    Two Haas VF-2's, Haas HA5C, Haas HRT-9, Hardinge CHNC 1, Bother HS-300 Wire EDM, BobCAD V23, BobCAD V28

FIXED IT!!!

Ok. So I got it fixed. My brother and I had to take off the spindle cover and it was pretty simple. I'm really glad we didn't have to call in a Haas tech. I did some reading and I saw that alot of people are running whole house water filters. So hopefully I shouldn't ever have to do that again. BTW the way gate screen wasn't in the coolant tank when we got the machine. I made sure we put it in before we fired up the coolant but apparently the "damage" (blockage) was already done. Here's some pictures and a short video. Thanks for the help, advice, quick responses, ideas, and knowledge. I really appreciate it.

http://vid265.photobucket.com/albums...ps66bad072.mp4