586,067 active members*
5,325 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > mastercam video lessons wanted
Page 1 of 2 12

mastercam video lessons wanted

Does anyone have any tutorial videos on mastcam? or know of any good books, Im more interested in the videos at a reasonable price, thanks.

here go this is Mike Mattera site from here at the zone http://www.cnczone.com/forums/bannerlist.php?cn=212

Ive been considering those cd's is there any other videos out there?

there is alwas www.streamingteacher.com you can do.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

Mattera's CDs are very good.

Mikes CD's are very good and you can always go back and watch them if you need to brush up on something. I used the 4 axis and rotary cd and it really has helped me understand programming an idexer and tombstone work. I have not used the other cds but if they were as good as the 4-axis cd then you have nothing to worry about, money well spent!

Thanks for the "thumbs up" guys. After answering the same questions for year after year, I decided to create the training videos. Some of my first videos were produced as far back as V7 (although I've been producing training material for over 23 years).

The difference detween my training and everything else is, mine is "Procedure Based Training" not "Feature Based Training". What I mean by that is.... I dont just show you how to drill a hole. I show you a part, explaine what needs to be done to the part to drill a hole. Then I explain why we're doing the part this way. That might be followed by an explaination of other options for doing the same thing depending on your part.

They are designed to show you a variety of ways to do your toolpath, so you can deciede which way works best for your parts.

People that have used Streaming Teacher and My videos, prefer the explainations in my videos. As Rickyt said "you can always go back and watch them if you need to brush up on something". Streaming Teacher is a subscription service. If you stop paying, you loose access to the information.

Jedi: Have a look at the web site, or call me if you have any questions. I'd be happy to talk to you.

Mike Mattera
    Tips For Manufacturing Training CD's, DVD's for Mastercam, SolidWorks, Inventor, G-Code Training & More
    http://www.tipsforcadcam.com

Mike, are you going to release a new cd containing the new High Speed Toolpaths, or the new adavanced multiaxis stuff?

Ya Mike are you still making new "X" Discs?
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

Probably wont be any new Mastercam Training CD's. Since I dont have a seat of Mastercam and the people at Mastercam dont seem interested in having me produce anything new. So I'll use my time to developing EdgeCam Training CD's and Anilam CNC Control training DVD's.

Which is good news for the Edgecam & Anilam users.

Mike Mattera
    Tips For Manufacturing Training CD's, DVD's for Mastercam, SolidWorks, Inventor, G-Code Training & More
    http://www.tipsforcadcam.com

I'm sorry to hear that, your cd's are very good and I know they have helped alot people learn Mastercam. I think having options on training helps everyone, either books, cd's, online training, and reseller training, having the options that fits in budgets and time frames was a real plus, and a great selling point also. Inhouse Solutions have somenew books coming out, but I have learned more form one section of your cd's than reading those manuals.

I also purchased your X version 3D toolpaths and found it very usefull.

videos

Try www.deanzacnc.com
    Username: cncstudent
    password: deanza
    I am developing this as a class for our college machining department. I will leave this out there for a couple of weeks, so please give me feedback, I will have to re-password protect after that.
    HTH

Very nice work, there is so much to learn when teaching cad/cad. I like the way you take time to cover each step and cover anything that comes up when programming. Are you going to offer this to the pulic as training material or just for your college? You could do something like streaming teacher.

Thanks rickyt, I am developing material, but I haven't decided on the model, I don't want to duplicate what is already available and course work is keeping me plenty busy for the moment. Stay tuned to the site for news.

Wow, I just loaded (actually a friend did) up a copy of MC( educational version with the full set of samples and I am blown away. I've been using Gibbs, and its great but it didn't have any sample stuff so I've been limited to what I can do with it, which isn't much.

I checked out the training sites above, the streaming video site is 240 bucks for 3 months... What is the best value? Is it worthwhile taking a class at a community college? Is MC something usually offered at a community college? I geusse I can find out myself, just wonder what others experiances have been...

I GOT to learn how to use this software!
    Halfnutz

You have to check what the colleges have of the votech schools also. I feel the Tipsformanufacturing cd's are the best value. You get to go at your own pace and keep them for future refence. You could just buy one at a time and learn as you go. If you have a school that teaches MC I would try that first, It nice to have someone to talk to if you have problems. Hope this helps.

It depends on your level of experience and how you learn. If you are experienced with CAM and machining, video or online can be excellent. You will still invest plenty of time working through things on your own, but you have a roadmap.
    If you have the time and patience to read a (good) book, you may gain more, in depth knowledge, as the book will delve deeper into the issues. Typically, you may not read the entire book, but can always reference a topic as new things come up.
    For beginners, I would recommend taking college courses, preferably with a degree or certification, work simultaneously, if possible in the industry. read books and watch videos in your spare time and be prepared to invest a few years.

Mastercam video lessons

Hi all

Received my full set of mastercam 9 training cd's from Mike Matterra(Tips for manufacturing) a couple of days ago.
    Just to find out the company I am working for will be switching over to OneCNC XR......I realy hoped to qualify myself to get a better position in the company. Well I guess that is the end of the line for me and Mastercam.

Should anyone be interested in taking the set of cd's for a real low price pleas feel free to contact me.......custom2 at vodamail dot co dot za....

These cd's are realy good!!!!
    Thanks
    Deon

I do not understand why in the world would you go to OneCnc if you already have Mastercam. I downloaded the Onecnc demo and it cannot even hold a candle to Mastercam. What is the reason for switching to Onecnc? I have MastercamX2, and it is the best release so far. You bought the training cd's from Mike, so I guess you are having trouble getting good code, or is it hard finding quality programmers?

Page 1 of 2 12