586,105 active members*
3,414 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Cincinnati CNC > cincinnati talon 208 start up prob

cincinnati talon 208 start up prob

My cincinnati talon with acramatic 850SX wont start up. The screen just says everything passed and it just sits there. In the back watching the lights they look normal but i do not no the sequence they are suppost to be. But the T/R lite comes on and the run lite turns from yellow to Red. ??

Thanks Dan.

Re: cincinnati talon 208 start up prob

Based on my experience, that is most likely a power supply issue, but this can also be caused by a short bringing the voltage down.

Assuming you have the ability to test voltages, start by checking to see what type of power you have coming out of your control's power supply. There were a few different configurations used in that control so would need to confirm the part number before I could sell you one, but I have a couple of the power supplies on hand if that ends up being the problem.

Re: cincinnati talon 208 start up prob

You should see 2 green lights on bottom of the lights of the left control board with the 4 switches on it. The lights are marked APW and DPW. If both lights stay green during the complete start up then I don't think it is a power supply problem. If you have a good meter then get access to the 3 rd board from the left and carefully, "CAREFULLY" check the supply voltages at the test points on the front bottom of the card. Look in the control reference manual for trouble shooting with the lights.

Mike cncmachineservices (dot) com