587,040 active members*
2,796 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Syil Products > Syil(Advice and Suggestions Inbox)

Threaded View

Hi,

Thank you for being so receptive Syil

I would like to add to the list the mod Greolt did on the Y axis travel:

Problem -- as described by Greolt (or at least how I understood it ):
    When Syil added the 40mm longer screw to bring the Y travel to 160mm the extra 40mm of travel were added "away" from the column. That meant than when the table was all the way out the spindle centerline would be about 30mm outside the table and only a smaller part of the dovetail would be engaged.

Objective:
    To offset the screw/mounts so that we get all that travel with the spindle over the table. See pics 1 and 2.

How did Greolt do it:
    1) Greolt added a 20mm block to the stepper mount -- Greolt can you confirm if this has a large indentation at the bottom to allow for the ballnut mount to slide under it ? (pic 3)

2) Greolt machined a 12mm-deep recess into the column so that the screw could travel closer and some 10mm into the column (pic 4)

3) Greolt added a cover on top of it to protect the exposed screw (pic 5).

Greg, I posted this cuz I'm trying to get the mod into my mill which is on Syil's production line right now. Please let me know if I got something wrong... a strong possibility since I have not seen the internals of the mill or of you mod.

Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 001.jpg   002.jpg   003.jpg   004.jpg  

005.jpg