586,255 active members*
3,615 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Syil Products > Syil(Advice and Suggestions Inbox)
Page 1 of 2 12

Smile Syil(Advice and Suggestions Inbox)

Since we converted CNC for sieg machines.we received many good suggestion from our clinets.without whom this project would not have been so prefect.so we open this thread for every friend to provide good suggestions for us.no matter machines,service.and delivery.any kind advice,we total welcome.
    Thanks for every Syil friends and customers

Here some info of Mr Lou update for us and special thanks for Mr Greg Holt too.

By Mr Lou:
    1:Attached are two photos that show how I modified the X axis cover. This change has three improvements.
    a. an increase in travel by 0.90 inch or 23 mm in the X direction
    b. with out the change the cover will bend if the x axis moves too far.
    c. The notch for the wires will let the user remove the cover with out having to unplug the cable from the
    controller and pull it out of the covering.

2: Adding a cable tie down is necessary for the Y axis sensor. With out it the covering gets caught on the
    table and will damage the sensor. It should also be added for the X axis sensor as well.

3:Add a connector to the A axis if it is ordered. This will allow the user to remove the rotary table when it is not in use.

4:Make a Splash Guard Mounted to pretect operater.

5:Mr Greg Holt use another kind itmes to pretect cable of optical sensor.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC_5160_small.jpg   DSC_5162_small[2].jpg   DSC_5163_small.jpg   Splash Guard Mounted.jpg  

Y7.jpg  

Hi,

Thank you for being so receptive Syil

I would like to add to the list the mod Greolt did on the Y axis travel:

Problem -- as described by Greolt (or at least how I understood it ):
    When Syil added the 40mm longer screw to bring the Y travel to 160mm the extra 40mm of travel were added "away" from the column. That meant than when the table was all the way out the spindle centerline would be about 30mm outside the table and only a smaller part of the dovetail would be engaged.

Objective:
    To offset the screw/mounts so that we get all that travel with the spindle over the table. See pics 1 and 2.

How did Greolt do it:
    1) Greolt added a 20mm block to the stepper mount -- Greolt can you confirm if this has a large indentation at the bottom to allow for the ballnut mount to slide under it ? (pic 3)

2) Greolt machined a 12mm-deep recess into the column so that the screw could travel closer and some 10mm into the column (pic 4)

3) Greolt added a cover on top of it to protect the exposed screw (pic 5).

Greg, I posted this cuz I'm trying to get the mod into my mill which is on Syil's production line right now. Please let me know if I got something wrong... a strong possibility since I have not seen the internals of the mill or of you mod.

Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 001.jpg   002.jpg   003.jpg   004.jpg  

005.jpg  

Another suggestion based on other people's input in another thread.

Packing:

Americans, Australians and perhaps some other people too seem to be obsessive about packing (lots of filling and very strong boxes). Whether it is justified or not, even if it seems wasteful, it would greatly improve the image of the product if the kits were shipped in a double box (a strong box inside another strong box) ready to survive a drop down the Exorcist stairs
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails exorcist_stairs.jpg  

So Syil. Are any of these ideas going to be added to your cnc conversions. If so when. I am in the market for a machine and would like to see these inprovments added.

Thanks

Also Syil, I visited your site and it says that you accept online payment via paypal but there is no 'buy' button or ordering screen that I could find. There were also no prices on the site?? Do you have to order via e-mail? Thanks.

I would like to see some improvements to your site and ordering process.
    I think that there should be a price list on every product under the description on your site. Also, an order form. ANd lastly, there should be a complete breakdown in prices for individual components in your conversion kit.
    So that people who want reduced kits can order, or need replacement parts.

Quote Originally Posted by phantomcow2
    I would like to see some improvements to your site and ordering process.
    I think that there should be a price list on every product under the description on your site. Also, an order form. ANd lastly, there should be a complete breakdown in prices for individual components in your conversion kit.
    So that people who want reduced kits can order, or need replacement parts.
    I agree 100%.

First of all I would like to applaud Syil for taking such an open aproach to ideas.

So some small items more as suggestions for assemblers rather than Syil.

Connector under the motor cover. Easy for maintenance. I used computer hard drive conectors.

Lower top of X axis bracket so that screws are below table level.
    You'll wish for this is when you have used the machine for a while.
    This requires machining.

Connect the machine estop as the controller estop. It has a spare pole on it.(Super X3)

Put the homing switch and estop wires through some ferrite suppression sleeves or rings to help with noise.
    I had a problem with my estop triggering, this stopped it.

EDIT; Ed has asked me for more detail on my mods to the "Y" travel.
    I will post them on a retrofitters thread I have going here
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails connect.jpg   cover low.jpg  

I remembered another one :wee:

The screws have a brass nut to preload the dual angular contact bearings but has no lock nut or locking devise to hold from moving.

I put three washers to take up the space between the brass nut and the flexible coupling to use it as a locking device.

Does it need it? Who knows? Is it easy to do? Too right

Quote Originally Posted by diarmaid
    Also Syil, I visited your site and it says that you accept online payment via paypal but there is no 'buy' button or ordering screen that I could find. There were also no prices on the site?? Do you have to order via e-mail? Thanks.
    this problem also we are very very headache,since we make the web we want to all payment under paypal,but we find it is hardly and impossible to operation in china.

1,paypal never support china credit card,our company must have a US Bank account.
    2,paypal back money to personal credit card,not factroy account,that is will be make us hardly to export,becuase china custom will check the dollar income and goods,make them blance.mean,i export goods,must have $ coming record in bank.
    3,right now we have been touch some distributor,and them will sell us machines soonly,then they will use online paying.this is we also insist them to do.becuase it is a pretect for customer and seller both.

I have one sugestion that would be really helpfull (essential) for Syil converted X3s

Provide some sort of technical information on the electronic components.

Example. What is the rated current per phase on the motors provided?

What is the manufacturers reccomended method to set the amps on the driver to the correct level?

Technical documents on these components are some of the most basic needs for people
    setting up CNC on this machine with the electronics provided and should be readily available.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Driver.jpg  

1,we have been use cover to pretect the long y axis ballscrew,it is have been finish. as Mr greolt mod,very good advise,and necessary.from today,all machines will be include this,and same as gas spring will be standard parts.

2,we will make same step motor cover as Mr lou advise,it is will become standard parts too as in future order no matter conversion kit or complete CNC super x3.

3,we have been finish all instuction paper and will provide the path to provide download.
    thank you every friends.
    Syil.

My post will be more of a question than a suggestion, but it may interest other people, please tell me if you mind me posting the following:

When will the Syil X2 conversion kit will be available ?

I'm in the process of converting an X2, and would really like to know more about your kit before i buy any existing kit on the market or make any personnal mechanical modification.

Thanks.

we will be finish the X2 kit and complete next week,also next week also have some new machines to coming.
    we post the SX3 spindle G-code control board.but it is look like mostly friend didn`t konw it.we will sent the new board to Mr Lou for test too.

Packaging improvement : a must!

Quote Originally Posted by Ed from NY View Post
    Another suggestion based on other people's input in another thread.

Packing:

Americans, Australians and perhaps some other people too seem to be obsessive about packing (lots of filling and very strong boxes). Whether it is justified or not, even if it seems wasteful, it would greatly improve the image of the product if the kits were shipped in a double box (a strong box inside another strong box) ready to survive a drop down the Exorcist stairs
    I DO CONFIRM : Current packing is not up to the job. Plastic bubbles can be used, but this is NOT ENOUGH, as the heavy metal parts do get the bubbles to burst, and there is then no protection at all.

Please add multiple layers of cardboard! My X axis bracket replacement part got damaged by TNT, and all the part corners are now looking bad. Seems like TNT played football with it

my suggestion, and do not take it the wrong way please. Is to utilize a translation software. This way, you can help prevent any errors in translation. I want one of your machines, but I am concerned with the communication barrier. Anyone else?

By the way, I am a desinger of corrugated packaging, and all corrugated that comes from Asia is grade "A" crap. It's yellow, can't be glued, and can;t do the job. It's not their fault, they have no trees that can be pulped. They rely on our exported paper waste. Anyway, consider using solid fiberboard to brace your machines, i.e. corner board protectors, laminated and pasted chip. It is much stronger than your corrugated.

Quote Originally Posted by syil View Post
    we will be finish the X2 kit and complete next week,also next week also have some new machines to coming.
    Any news about the X2 kit ?

Quote Originally Posted by romteb View Post
    Any news about the X2 kit ?
    we have been finish it,and please see here for more info.

http://www.cnczone.com/modules.php?n...threadid=25544
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails syil-350.gif  

X2 kits will be arriving in the U.S. in approximately 1 month.

Technical documentation for everything including electronics is being prepared. They will come with the kits. I am the author, so any spelling mistakes are of my doing.
    Direction, Commitment, Follow Through

Page 1 of 2 12