586,068 active members*
4,092 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Heidenhain TNC 145 problem

My old Bridgeport MDI is controlled by a Heidenhain TNC145, last week we lost the picture on the monitor, so to cut a long story short, it was established that the problem is the TNC. I have a spare TNC145 controller, which came with a Bridgeport series 1 interact. I have fitted this to the MDI, and all works ok, sort off, ?
    The MDI TNC had 55 lines in the parameter list, the replacement must be newer, and possibly is a TNC145CS, it has more lines for the pararmeters. To resolve the missing line issue, I copied the remaining parameters from my Interact to the MDI. Seems to work ok, but the drives are very fast, and a bit rough sounding.
    My questions are:
    1. Has anyone got the original parameters for an MDI, should be 55 lines I think.

2. Should there be different parameters when replacing the TNC145 with what is possibly a TNC145CS on an old MDI ? If so, anyone got them?

3. The failed MDI TNC145 would be a pain to fire up after power off, I had to switch the machine main power on and off, sometimes for 20 times to get the TNC to light up, and then eventually it lost video display. Any idea if this a fault with the power supply board, and how to rectify?

Thanks
    Bob

re

both power supply and monitor are failure points on this control, but sounds like power supply

I don't think any extra parameters are a big issue.

Perhaps you need to re-tweek the servo drives, is it possible that you are not using the latest version of the max speed, accel or ramp kink parameters?

heidenhein parameters

The problem may be that the parameter configurations may be a bit different to your other TNC & the designated parameters may have a different function. You also tend to find that different manufacurers have dedicated controlers for there machines & functions. I think I may have an old parameter list at work but again it all depends on what drive cards & motors are in your machine & if all the inputs + outputs are the same. If your travers is moving quicker than previous then you may start to get a few problems ranging from the machine does'nt hit its target tolerance & you can get a Gross Positioning Error which means the servose have exeeded there voltage tolerance.

Troy.