586,112 active members*
3,130 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Lasea 100W CO2 Laser low power output

Hi,

Just a week ago I cut 8mm thick acrylic with my 100W laser at a speed of 2,2mm/s with the laserfrequency set at 25kHz. No problems whatsoever.

Today I wanted to cut another 8mm acrylic like I usually do, but now the laser seems to have lost alot of power. With a single pass @ 2,2mm/s i barely go halfway through the material. Even with speeds as low as 1,5mm/s I can barely cut the material.

Is it possible for a laser to decay that rapidly? I have had this laser for about 2,5 years now, and estimate about 1500~2000 running hours, mainly engraving. As a reference the cutting list below for the 8mm acrylic, with estimated dates.

Cutting speed at 2012 ~ 2.8mm/s
    Cutting speed at 2013 ~ 2.5mm/s
    Cutting speed at 2014 ~ 2,2mm/s
    Cutting speed now ~ <1mm/s

The temperature of the cooling fluid never rises above 35 degrees celcius. Maybe it's just time for a new tube?

Re: Lasea 100W CO2 Laser low power output

Just a quick question, is the inter glass, the carries the water, nice and clear, or is it cloudy/ filmy looking?

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by LemonSaurus View Post
    Hi,

Just a week ago I cut 8mm thick acrylic with my 100W laser at a speed of 2,2mm/s with the laserfrequency set at 25kHz. No problems whatsoever.

Today I wanted to cut another 8mm acrylic like I usually do, but now the laser seems to have lost alot of power. With a single pass @ 2,2mm/s i barely go halfway through the material. Even with speeds as low as 1,5mm/s I can barely cut the material.

Is it possible for a laser to decay that rapidly? I have had this laser for about 2,5 years now, and estimate about 1500~2000 running hours, mainly engraving. As a reference the cutting list below for the 8mm acrylic, with estimated dates.

Cutting speed at 2012 ~ 2.8mm/s
    Cutting speed at 2013 ~ 2.5mm/s
    Cutting speed at 2014 ~ 2,2mm/s
    Cutting speed now ~ <1mm/s

The temperature of the cooling fluid never rises above 35 degrees celcius. Maybe it's just time for a new tube?
    Hello Lemon,

The power was reduced a lot. You can use the laser tube to process product for you, but the speed is slow. Although you only used bout 2,000 hours, the life span has 2.5 years. when you started using the laser tube, the laser tube power will be reduced little by little. Even if you sometimes did not use the machine to process product, the laser tube power was reduced little by little.

If you want to improve the speed, you have to buy a new laser tube.
    Peak Glass Inc.
    [email protected]