586,395 active members*
2,978 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Anyone know the 15-T well, what's this soft key do?

Anyone know the 15-T well, what's this soft key do?

I've been running a Mori SL25 with the 15-T and FAPT for 14 years and it has 2 soft keys that I've never found a use for, I don't have a book for the control and I was just wondering what they are used for, 1 is on the Position page and the key is "MEM_FRP" and the other is on the Tool Offset page and it says "WORK_COORD", can someone enlighten me?

The MEM_FRP is to set the floating reference point, you move the axis by jog etc, press the MEM_FRP key and it switches to the operation guide mode, To store the machine coodinate value of all axis as a floating reference press the ALL_AX or for a specific axis, type in the name of the axis X,Y etc and press EXEC.
    Similar with the WORK_COORD work coordinate presetting.
    It might be easier to PDF a couple of pages with the full description if you need any further info as there is fairly lengthy description.
    Al.

Thanks for the info, but all that just went right over my head, doesn't sound like something I would need to use, or is there a good use for those functions? Where would I get the PDF files?