586,103 active members*
3,557 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question Mach3/HD3070 MAchine Interface Cable

Hi, I am in the process of installing a used HD3070 Plasma cutter on my homebuilt plasma table. I need some help to interpret the I/O of the interface cable. What all wires does Mach3 use and how should they be configured in Mach3? I'm using a Hypertherm 1250 now and that just uses 2 wires that close with a relay to turn the torch on and 2 wires for the torch voltage. This schematic uses different terminology than I'm used to so I need some help with it! I'll attach the page out of the manual that I'm using. Thank you! Brian

file:///Users/brianmartin/Pictures/Scan%2010.jpeg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Scan 10.jpg  

Re: Mach3/HD3070 MAchine Interface Cable

Your hooking it up with simple commands instead of Hypertherms industrial control you wont get the BEST use out of it but you can use it with Mach. Youll need torch on, arc ok and tip volts. Depending on the THC your using divided tip volts are already present at a ratio of 50-1. Your torch on may need to be pulled off the main board depending on how it is used. You have 4 leads 2 for torch on and 2 for torch off that may not be what you tap into. Also arc transfer may or may not be arc ok. So you definitely have divided tip volts which are the hardest to get from the higher density higher amperage plasma power sources. You should consult Hypertherms techs and ask them exactly. Sometimes the terminology they use requires extra components to be used if your to use that system without their proprietary THC. Such as the Maxpro200 requires an auxillary circuit for torch on/off. If your not using THC simple torch on and off is a call away.

The benefit to Hypertherms THC are not limited to but that it will use ramping in corners and starts, soft starts, multi gas applications that are very handy.
    Now featuring Plasmaland online