586,077 active members*
3,591 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Drive Curves

Page 2 of 2 12

Re: Drive Curves

Yes. I replaced it with the same card. An fx5600.

When i move to a new system though, i will look at a gtx card.

I just upgraded my monitor set up for one of my seats. I went with a 40 inch 1080 HD for main monitor and kept my trusted 24 inch 1080 monitor as a 2nd screen. I had a issue i have a radeon 4550 card and when i plug in the 40 inch my driver got corrupted and i spend a day fixing the crap...but V27 really is nice now on the large monitor. When i finish the redo of the home area where i do alot of cad work i will end up sitting about 4-5 feet away from the 40 incher...and have the 24 close to me.

I also went with a wireless keyboard and mouse...wow i should have did this long time ago

Next on the list is a remodel of my shop office and a 40 inch is going there as well.

I got the idea from a buddy of mine that has his office set up with two 46inchers running MCX5. I really like have the cad work this large and clear...speeds up my workflow.

All my 3 seats run on computers with i7 quads and good graphics...but i am also looking to upgrade.
    Big Chipin, spreading tha cheese, I be Big Chipin for days!

I'd be more concerned with pixel count than overall size, personally. 1080p is pretty low resolution for a screen that close. Bear in mind that a lot of smartphones pack that many pixels into their screen nowadays. There are some moderately priced higher-resolution monitors available now. ( 27" IPS-Glass Panel Pro LED Monitor WQHD 2560x1440- 440cd/m2 - HDMI for example.) It's not as big, but it's literally twice as sharp, image wise.

The downside of very high resolution monitors is that, hopping from program to program, you run into differences in screen handling, which can be weird. In a dedicated setup like a CAD workstation, that's not much of an issue.

Luke
    "All I'm trying to find out is the fellow's name on first base" -- Lou Costello

when in the chair i sit 4-4.5 ft away.. the picture makes it looks close...but the table is pulled out from the walled 1 ft and monitor slid back...

the graphics are crystal clear and the cad drawing i did last night was very comfortable...like i like it to be.
    Big Chipin, spreading tha cheese, I be Big Chipin for days!

Page 2 of 2 12