586,075 active members*
3,798 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: BENCHTOP PRO

Page 1 of 3 123

BENCHTOP PRO

Well
    it has arrived. A couple days early. packages seem fine, one has a little damage from shipping, i havent opened yet , waiting to get organized before i start. I am sure it fine damage does not look bad to box, and it has traveled a long way.
    So far well impressed. Will keep updating as i go onClick image for larger version. 

Name:	cnc.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	79.7 KB 
ID:	248990

Re: BENCHTOP PRO

Hi fortyeight, that pro model looks like it will be a stout little machine. I am also looking to order a machine kit from Cncrouterparts but I was wondering what you paid for customs fees and shipping to Canada? I would like to know what i'm in for lol.

well,
    four hours into build and machine is assembled as far as step 8.
    With having to do the first couple steps twice due to not paying attention to what was the top of the X axis all has been good so far but i do have a damaged bearing on my Z axis which will have to be replaced, i will speak to Cory tomorrow, sure there wont be an issue to get to get this resolved.
    This was the box that had a rough time during shipping and had a little damage, I found a ball bearing in the box while i was unpacking but didnt notice the busted bearing till I assembled the gantry, No big deal just hope there is no further damage to the z axis, hard to tell until i move it with motor, it seems to move fine when i move it manually, so i think its all good minus the busted bearing. And now i have to wait before i can use it
    . I think i couple more hours in the morning and i will-be done assembly waiting for a bearing. So sad for that.
    But other than that so far so good, machine is well built and very hefty and sturdy construction. I LIKE IT.
    Heres some pictures of progress so far.

Attachment 249054
    Attachment 249056Attachment 249058Attachment 249060Attachment 249062Attachment 249064Attachment 249066Attachment 249068Attachment 249070Attachment 249072Attachment 249074Attachment 249076

Quote Originally Posted by codevark View Post
    Hi fortyeight, that pro model looks like it will be a stout little machine. I am also looking to order a machine kit from Cncrouterparts but I was wondering what you paid for customs fees and shipping to Canada? I would like to know what i'm in for lol.
    the customs fees were as for any shipment, taxes on value of item 13 % for me, plus the brokerage fees which i let UPS take care of,were under 150 bucks. So not to bad.
    Hope this helps ya out
    Regards to shipping Cory can be much more accurate with that

Wondering this morning if someone had a bearing number so maybe I could source one locally.

I think I saw your packages in this video!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJdZgQwRMBk

Fortyeight, Just give CNC RouterParts a call. they will get one in the mail ASAP for an issue like that.

that's to funny inov8r

Thanks fortyeight, and good luck with your machine.

Well, it pretty much done. A little more work on cable management and new v-roller and ill be making who knows what. LOL
    The build went well with a few hic-ups but nothing serious and all my own fault. I'd say it took me about 10 hours to have it up and running.
    That included an hour on the phone with Cory, ( thanks again yer support and patience is amazing), to get all the mach3 settled away, and i spent easily an hour maybe two on the bottom cable chain, i just couldnt see it, then it hit me, and got er figured out. All to realize once installed and cable in that it was still backwards, one end of the chain moves rite to the end link while the other has a link before it moves, this one goes on the leg, the other goes on the gantry, wouldn't think it would make a difference but when the gantry come full forward the chain hit the leg, the other way gives it that little extra movement so it doesn't. So all in all the build was good, pretty straight forward and directions worked well, a few more pictures would of helped i think cause i found myself going back to the video for a look alot. So here it is still a few things to do with the cables, to clean them up but the electronics box is gonna be relocated to a better location so i will deal with that tomorrow.
    The last picture is of my learner i guess i will put her to rest.
    Attachment 249318Attachment 249320Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140911_205551_507.jpg 
Size:	82.2 KB 
ID:	249322Attachment 249324Attachment 249326Attachment 249328Attachment 249330Attachment 249332Attachment 249334

Also first thing this morning Cory called to let me know the bearing was on its way.
    Once again hats off to cncrouterparts staff for all the assistance.
    Recommend your kits to anyone, the BenchtoPro is a very solid rigid machine, which is well constructed. And easy to put together for anyone who is mechanically inclined,
    i also recommend having a friend with you for the assembly, the unit gets heavy fast once the base is assembled,and its always good to have a second set of eyes on the job, for me i enlisted my father who is a chief marine engineer and was a great help, thanks to you aswell you help is much appreciated

IN the picture of the lower cable chain, the chain is on backwards. The chain should open to toward top. The link which moves rite to the end is attached to the gantry closest to using holes closest to te rear bearing, and the other end to the opposite rear leg. here is how it is now
    .Attachment 249382
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cable chain1.jpg 
Size:	54.2 KB 
ID:	249384

That is a very nice machine, congrats

Quote Originally Posted by FoxCNC1 View Post
    That is a very nice machine, congrats
    Thanks brother
    i am impressed with it

Yeah I am impressed too, its like a mini of my machine. (we have the same Bosh router i think.) and my machine is on 8020 legs.

The machine looks great!
    I wonder how well they handle wood dust and etc?
    I'm looking at the base model one with acme screws for wood working, and it seems like a good buy.

They make great products guys

Quote Originally Posted by jm82792 View Post
    The machine looks great!
    I wonder how well they handle wood dust and etc?
    I'm looking at the base model one with acme screws for wood working, and it seems like a good buy.
    In my opinion
    Dust can and will get everywhere, and can cause issues with any system. Having some sort of dust collection system will always benefit the system and the user.

I plan on making a custom dust boot for mine rather than purchase one.

And they sure do make great products.

Well, wish i could say I'm using my unit but a week later and still waiting on bearing. Tracking shows it went south to LA, then mailed to Canada which doesn't make sense to me, lucky if I see it this week.
    Will have look into faster shipping methods for future, I figured i would of had it days ago.

I hope it didn't go to Ontario California

Hi Mark,

I tracked the package, and it is a USPS international tracking number, so it is going to your location in Canada. If the replacement bearings don't show up in the next couple of days, we can send you another package of parts via UPS.

Page 1 of 3 123